Gaming w/Jemal: War of the Gods (Acid Test)

Dharuhk Svahre

First Post
Ghatto smiles to himself. The challenge has been made, and he has no intention of dissapointing. He darts behind his force dragon ally, ending up south of the giant cat and gets ready to let loose. "Hope the gods are ready for this."

[sblock=OOC]
Swift action: Activate Quicksilver boots to take a move action as a swift action. Move 40 ft to end up south of the cat, 30 ft away from it.

Free Action: Activate Fleshring of Scorn

Full Attack Action:
Full Round Attack (w/ Haste/Rapid Shot/Slashing Fury/Power Attack 18/Expertise 18/Fighting Defensivly/Point Blank Shot): +4x12/-1x4/-6x4/-11x4 1d4+30 Crit: 17-20 x3

Triple Throw Daggers: +0x12 1d4+26 Crit: 17-20 x3

First 12 attacks of round 2 (1d20+4=22, 1d20+4=23, 1d20+4=22, 1d20+4=21, 1d20+4=24, 1d20+4=20, 1d20+4=8, 1d20+4=13, 1d20+4=22, 1d20+4=9, 1d20+4=17, 1d20+4=24)

Attacks with Triple Throw daggers round 2. (1d20+0=7, 1d20+0=5, 1d20+0=4, 1d20+0=3, 1d20+0=6, 1d20+0=3, 1d20+0=3, 1d20+0=7, 1d20+0=19, 1d20+0=15, 1d20+0=10, 1d20+0=19)http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3080519/

First batch of four attacks round 2. (1d20-1=13, 1d20-1=7, 1d20-1=7, 1d20-1=5)

Second Batch of 4 attacks round 2. (1d20-6=-1, 1d20-6=11, 1d20-6=13, 1d20-6=10)

Last batch of 4 attacks round 2. (4d20-11=40, 4d20-11=40, 4d20-11=29, 4d20-11=50)

Ok, I made a typo with the last one and put 4d20 in the dice roll slot. I'm just gonna take the first 4, which were all misses.

Now, I may in fact be getting a little ahead of myself here, but in the interest of expediency, I'm just gonna assume the monster's AC hasn't changed in the last round and is still at Touch AC 9 (the benifit of rolling 28 times is you can definatly narrow down an opponents AC :p). If I'm wrong and the AC has changed then we can adjust accordingly.

By my count, I crit the monster 9 times normally and twice with the triple throw weapons, and hit normally 8 times normally and once with the triple throw weapon.

Normal Crit Damage Rolls. (3d4+90+10d6=124, 3d4+90+10d6=132, 3d4+90+10d6=134, 3d4+90+10d6=128, 3d4+90+10d6=126, 3d4+90+10d6=128, 3d4+90+10d6=130, 3d4+90+10d6=129, 3d4+90+10d6=141)

2 triple throw crits. (3d4+78+10d6=126, 3d4+78+10d6=125)

8 Normal Hits (1d4+30+10d6=74, 1d4+30+10d6=69, 1d4+30+10d6=69, 1d4+30+10d6=61, 1d4+30+10d6=82, 1d4+30+10d6=69, 1d4+30+10d6=65, 1d4+30+10d6=75)

single triple throw weapon. (1d4+26+10d6=61)

Wow, I really hadn't expected results like that.

Ending tally: 20 hits, 2048 damage. I guess thats what happens when I can hit its AC that badly. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Round 2

[sblock=initiative/map]
Round 2 Init:
*Giant
*Duvalis
*Ghatto
*Cat
*Swarm
Aussir
Crone
Huge Tentacle Monster
Gargantuan Tentacle monster
Killikak
*=Acted this round

Aussir/Crone's turn

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

x=5'square
X=Duvalis
X=Ghatto
X=Aussir
XXXX=Crone
X=Killikak
6X6 XXX =Cat
3x3 XXX=Giant
3x3 XXX=Huge Tentacle Monster (20' in air)
4x4 XXXX=Gargantuan Tentacle Monster (20' in air)
SWARM: currnetly hovering over the party 30' in air.
[/sblock]

Duvalis springs over to rejoin the fight with the giant, though he has no more luck than last time, the large runed man deflecting all but one of his strikes.
Meanwhile, Ghatto has much better luck against the collosal cat-monster, every dagger he throws piercing its hide and drawing pricks of blood, though he realizes he'll likely need many more such pricks before a beast of this size goes down.

Snarling in pain, the cats glowing, evil eyes lock on to Ghatto and it leaps across the distance between them, Aussir hanging on by a thread as the beast begins mauling Ghatto, striking him repeatedly with claws and tentacles, biting at him, stinging him with a vicious tail sling, and even goring him with some of the demonic horns on its head.

Meanwhile, the swarm of bugs buzzes overhead, and you all notice jolts of electricity blasting between each of the individual bugs. As it centers above the force dragon, the electricity builds up and a bolt of lightning blasts downwards, striking the dragon and radiating a small wave of electricity outwards twenty feet from him.

[sblock=ooc/combat]
Duvalis hit the giant once(96 dmg), and Ghatto strikes true with everything(X dmg).
Ghatto takes 660 damage from the Cat's pounce (15 hits)
The swarm floats above the party 30' (It covers pretty much all of you so I removed it from the map for simplicity) and shoots a bolt of lightning at the Crone, hitting for 128 electricity damage, and Fort save DC 51 vs Stun.
Everybody but Duvalis (and the crone who was hit with the primary) is hit with the electric 'shock wave'. 64 Electric damage, Reflex DC 51 for half. *On the plus side, it looks like the shock wave hurt the other monsters, too*

Duvalis takes 3 damage from his Vicious weapon, and Ghatto takes 9 from his Fleshring of Scorn.

Next up is Crone and Aussir.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Setis (HP 656/754)

The Wild Witch, the Mistress of Faces; Setis, roared angrily as lightning sheeted around and off of her scaled form, bruising her draconic hide. She lifted off with great wingbeats and attacked the tentacular creature that had attempted to steal her strength with jaws and claws and tail!

(rolls to come shortly!)

Last edited:

Aussir lets the electrical energy wash over him to no effect. He gets this wicked smile as his monsterous mount leaps throu the air. Now that he has gotten used to the creature's movements he settles in and secures his position. His smile takes on a murderous tone and he starts to twitch. Foam starts to form at the edges of his mouth as he starts to shout strange words. His muscles ripple and his limbs start to distend, his whole body starts to grow. He changes from the size of a house cat to that of an attack dog. The attacks he rains down upon the monstrousity make those of his previous actions seem that of a playing kitten. His mad glee is infectious as if he's urging his allies to jump over the edge. As he hacks at the creature he shoots terrible glances at the smaller tenticled horror.

[sblock=giant]"Aussir will cut through ugly! Aussir will Dine on ugly! Come Aussir's friends! Join Aussir! Enter madness! Start Frenzy!"[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC] Now Aussir goes guano crazy. I activate rage, frenzy, and my ring of growing. It is the turn after I entered the cat's square which means my confound the big folk activates so the cat is flatfooted vs me and i get +4 to confirm crits, my first 5 attacks bypass any material/epic dr it has, the last just epic and I power attack for 20. any ally who wishes within 10 feet... thought it was farther then that... of me may share in my frenzy gaining +10 str, and a haste attack also 2 nonleathal damage a turn but fast heal stops that... I get +18 str, +2 con, -2 dex, -7 ac and an extra attack for the record my str is 100. Even knowing it's useless I use intimidating rage on the smaller flying horror.

hp= 765 immune elements/crits/sleep/para, resist sonic 30, fast heal 2
AC=68(72vs cat)
attacks= +59/+59/+54/+49/+44/+51
damage= 1d10+174/1d10+174/1d10+174/1d10+174/1d10+174/1d4+66
rage/frenzy round 1/18
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=initiative/map]
Round 2 Init:
*Giant
*Duvalis
*Ghatto
*Cat
*Swarm
*Aussir
*Crone
*Huge Tentacle Monster
Killikak
*=Acted this round

Killikak's turn

x=5'square
X=Duvalis
X=Ghatto
X=Aussir
XXXX=Crone
X=Killikak
6X6 XXX =Cat
3x3 XXX=Giant
3x3 XXX=Huge Tentacle Monster (20' in air)
SWARM: currnetly hovering over the party 30' in air.
[/sblock]

Aussir goes crazy, hacking away with his blade while his rear talons dig in, keeping him attached to the cat. His sword drives deep (Well, relative to its size) again and again, and the cat throws its head back in pain, looking over its shoulder at the annoying-turned-infuriating drake.

Meanwhile, the larger drake, Setis, leaps upwards, assaulting the tentacled beast. Though all of her attacks strike home, it seems barely scratched. The tentacle attached to her pulls taught, reeling her in to within five feet of the monster, and the bundle on the bottom of the creature opens up, revealing itself to be a dozen monstrous heds filled with spiney teeth. A chorus of hissing voices come from them as they reach out and snap at the dragon.
[sblock=Undercommon]
Luunch..[/sblock]
The creatures other tentacles fly outwards, striking at the other guardians. the two larger ones fly at the dwarf, latching on though they fail to penetrate his thick skin.
One strand each flies at Killikak, Duvalis and Aussir, and two reach outwards towards Ghatto, all latching on and begining to drain the strength from their victims.

[sblock=ooc/combat]
OK, first things first, I removed the gargantuan Tentacle monster b/c it was meant for the larger party involving Nephtys, so just pretend it never existed.. heh..yeah..

Flesh, your katana should be doing 4 more damage. Not sure if you forgot the feats or the Magic, but my adding is 90(str) + 80(power attack)+4(feats)+4(Magic)=178, not 174.
And your bite should be +22(half str) + 40(power attack)+2(feat)=64, unless I'm missing something.
In any case, you hit the cat with everything, and your first attack was a crit, I allready doubled the damage.

Shayuri, I went ahead and rolled your attacks for you..
I had the math worked out as: Bite+58, 2 claws+56, 2 wings +55, Tail+55.
I got a total damage of 206, which compared to the 4-digit damage of some of the others, seems a bit low.. Might I suggest a 9 iron? (AKA power attack) *Just for the record, the lowest attack I rolled for you was a 58, and that hit*
**EDIT: Just noticed your nature's warrior +3 dmg doesn't seem to be added to the damage on your sheet..**

OK, everybody is now attached to the roper-beast. You all need fort saves vs ability damage if not immune.

Killikak is grappled by the two larger tentacles (Unless you beat its grapple check of 94), but they don't deal enough damage to hurt you.

Setis gets hit by three of the bites: 108 dmg(crit), 30 dmg, 37 dmg. Each of them also inflicts a ravenous wound (total of 9 hp bleed damage per round unless you have regen), and three fort saves vs poison.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dharuhk Svahre

First Post
Elle watches the scene of carnage unfolding before her as she sails high in the sky. This group had dediced to defy the gods. She figured they would be a good place to strat with her own revenge against the divine entities that she had sworn vandetta against. Dropping caution to the wind, she dove towards the epic battle, ready to stand against the minions of the gods.

[sblock=OOC]
alrighty, so I have no knowledge skills, so just a spot check is in order I think.

Also Fenris: *PROD* *PROD* its your turn dude ;p [/sblock]

Remove ads