Gaming w/Jemal: War of the Gods (Acid Test)

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]
Still waiting on Fenris. I'll check back in about 8 hours, if he hasn't posted by then I'll assume he delays.
[/sblock]

Fenris

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]
Sorry had to calculate my armor spikes attack. That and I was saw the Return of the King extended edition in the theater tonight. Jemal, if you could please double check my math on the armor spike attack when you have an opportunity. [/sblock]

Killikak struggles against the tentacle holding him, as he does so he attempts to drive the spikes of his armor deep into the tentacle.

Dharuhk Svahre

First Post
Elle continues her dive as she surveys the situation as she watches the other mortals battle valiantly against their foes. Noticing the dwarf struggling inside the clutches of the tentacle monstrocity, she decides intervention may be required.

The others see a mass of black robes descend from the sky, a skeletal gauntlet protruding from one of the sleeves to hold the symbol that summurizes death, a scythe. The dark figure plummets until just before it reaches the ground and suddenly stops, hovering next to the captured Killikak. As the robes settle an elvenish face can be seen beneath a hood, yet dark goggles still conceal much of her features. What can be seen is her expression of grim determination. Another skeletal gauntlet appears from the robes, a finger reaching out for the dwarf.

"Do not fear me. I am here to assist."

As the finger contacts the dwarf both of the dissappear, swiftly materializing next to the rocky multiheaded tentacle beast. Elle's scythe swiftly slashes at the beast twice as she begins her assault. The scythe then dissappears out of her hand, while an unusual shortsword appears under the sleeve of her black robe ready to protect her from the creatures counterattack.

[sblock=OOC]
Alrighty, so I'm gonna fly down 200' as a move action, landing next to the grappled dwarf.

I'm going to active my boots of teleportation to take me and the dwarf to the east side of the tentacle monster between it and the cat thing (this will grant them a flanking bonus to hit against me), with me in between the Killikak and the tentacle beast. The dwarf can choose to fly, fall or stay attached to me.

I will use sun school to make an attack, then I'm going to use my skirmisher's boots to make a second attack as a swift action.

After attacking, I will use my casters gloves to swap out my scythe for my broadbladed shortsword.

Attacks x2: +64 = +29 BAB, + 5 Dervish, +1 Feats, +1 Weapon Master, +17 Str, +10 Magic + 1 Haste - 4 Fighting Defensivly + 4 Reckless Attack

Current AC:106 (10 Base + 10 Natural Armor + 5 Deflection + 9 Wis + 12 Int + 10 Dex + 18 Armor + 3 Dervish + 1 Monk + 4 Dervish + 6 Fighting Defensivly + 12 Duelist + 2 Broadbladed Shortsword + 2 Dodge + 1 Haste + 5 Defending - 4 Reckless Attack)

Touch AC: 88 (10 Base + 5 Deflection + 9 Wis + 12 Int + 10 Dex + 3 Dervish + 1 Monk + 4 Dervish + 6 Fighting Defensivly + 12 Duelist + 2 Broadbladed Shortsword + 2 Dodge + 1 Haste + 5 Defending - 4 Reckless Attack)

Other defenses: Epic Dodge, Elusive Target, 20% miss chance, resist 30 all.

Results: For the first attack, I'm going to use my Ki damage to do max damage, dealing 52 damage if it hits.

For the second, I'm going to use Improved Crit modifier for if it crits dealing 45 non crit or 225 if it does. Then if it crits my prismatic burst effect goes off, as well as my slow burst. The prismatic Spray says it takes an effect, so I don't know if the roll twice thing works. Either way I got a 3, which is 80 electricity damage, reflex 20 for half, then a DC 14 will save or be slowed for 3 rounds. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=initiative/map]
Round 3 Init:
*Elle
*Giant
Duvalis
Cat
Swarm
Aussir
Crone
Huge Tentacle Monster
Killikak
*=Acted this round

Duvalis' turn

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

x=5'square
X=Duvalis
X=Elle (20' up)
X=Aussir(On cat)
X=Killikak(20' up)
XXXX=Crone
6X6 XXX =Cat
3x3 XXX=Giant
3x3 XXX=Huge Tentacle Monster (20' in air)
SWARM: currnetly hovering over the party 30' in air.

Keeping Elle the same colour as your last character unless you wanna switch.
[/sblock]

Killikak Struggles against the tentacles, slashing them brutally with his armour spikes, shredding the thinner strand but leaving the two tentacles relatively intact.

Ghatto, realizing he's about to be had for breakfast, and unable to continue the fight, activates one of his failsafes, dissapearing in a flash as the cats teeth snap on the air where he had just stood.

Meanwhile, flying high in the sky, the Raptoran Elle continues her dive as she surveys the situation as she watches the other mortals battle valiantly against their foes. Noticing the dwarf struggling inside the clutches of the tentacle monstrocity, she decides intervention may be required.

She sees the beasts surrounding and assaulting the Guardians, an enormous swarm of tiny electric beasts hovering above them, and notes also a badger about 200 feet away running ferociously..well, more like plodding.. towards the fray. It appears to be very badly wounded. Ignoring it for now in favour of the more pressing concerns, she dives to the rescue.

The others see a mass of black robes descend from the sky, a skeletal gauntlet protruding from one of the sleeves to hold the symbol that summurizes death, a scythe. The dark figure plummets until just before it reaches the ground and suddenly stops, hovering next to the captured Killikak. As the robes settle an elvenish face can be seen beneath a hood, yet dark goggles still conceal much of her features. What can be seen is her expression of grim determination. Another skeletal gauntlet appears from the robes, a finger reaching out for the dwarf.

"Do not fear me. I am here to assist."

As the finger contacts the dwarf both of the dissappear, swiftly materializing next to the rocky multiheaded tentacle beast. Elle's scythe swiftly slashes at the beast twice, both striking easily. The scythe then dissappears out of her hand, while an unusual shortsword appears under the sleeve of her black robe ready to protect her from the creatures counterattack.

On the west side of the battlefield, the giant's attention is focused on the only nearby opponent - Duvalis. He unleashes a flurry of strikes, but the valkyrie is able to dodge a couple, only taking two hits this time.

[sblock=ooc/combat]
Dharuhk, had to just copy/paste your post, was a great intro for the character, and I didn't wanna mess with it, just added a blurb about what SHE sees, and the effect of her assault.
Your crit was a success and both attacks hit, but I've got something to talk to you about in the OOC thread re: Prismatic Burst.

Fenris, your attacks should be at -4 due to the Grapple, but otherwise they seem correct to me. You hit 3 times, I rolled the damage as 1d8(Large armour spikes)+20(str)+5(Magic), for a total of 91 dmg.

Rathan: Duvalis takes two hits for 66 and 61 damage respectively, overcoming your DR. You need Two more DC 54 Fort saves vs stun.

**Remember Crone, Duvalis and Aussir are still attached to the roper-beasts strands.**

Also at this point, I'm going to post up the creatures relative, APPARENT health. This is an aproximation, not exact. Descriptions of what each injury state means will be put into the OOC thread. (Note: Uninjured doesn't mean NOT injured, see the OOC descriptions)
CAT: injured
GIANT: Uninjured
SWARM: Uninjured
ROPERCHOKER: Mildly Injured

Duvalis' turn.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rathan

First Post
Duvalis grunts and thinking his attacks on the giant less fruitful than they really need to be he tumble dances over the the *huge* cat and between it's very vulnerable "feet" and ankles. Lashing out he unleashes a full rounds attack at whatever flesh he can reach as he pivots and swirls about in a most beautiful and deadly dervish dance.

[sblock=Actions]
Free: None

Move: Moving to Gargantuan cat and unleashing dervish dance full attack

Standard: Full round attack[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]
HP: 356/894
AC: 87 / Flat Footed: 87 / Touch: 79 (*+4/6 when Skirmishing*)
Init: +27
Saves: Fort: +49 / Refl: +55 / Will: +45
Attacks: +75[Hasted]/+75/+70/+65/+60 to Hit / 1d10+63+2d6[1d6 to self] Damage (+6d6 Skirmish +5 Favored Enemy) / 19-20x3 Crit
Movement: 90 Land, 150 Fly, Perfect / Freedom of Movement / Tumble +64, Perform (Dance)+49 / Feather Fall / Teleportation 3/day / Flawless Stride
Sight/Vision: 360' Vision (Can't Be Flanked, Dex to AC, See Invis. and Ethereal at will) / Darkvison 120' / Low Light Vision 60 ' / Blindfight / Blindsense 30'
DR: 15/Epic
DR Bypass: Epic/Magic/Adamantine
Crit Bypass: Undead
SR: 48
Immunities/Resistances: Fire, Cold, Electricity, Acid, Sonic 30
Spells/Class Traits/Other
Track
Dervish Dance 2/3 per day (9/12 Rounds)
Haste (Boots of Speed) 7/10 Rounds per day (Free Action)
Haste (Boots of Swiftness) 3/3 per Day (Standard Action, Lasts 20 rounds)
Haste (Paragon) 3/3 per day (Standard Action, Lasts 15 Rounds)
Skills of Note:
Spot: +52
Search +45
Listen +47
Hide +54
Move Silently + 54
Sense Motive +52[/sblock]

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=initiative/map]
Round 3 Init:
*Elle
*Giant
*Duvalis
*Cat
*Swarm
Aussir
Crone
Huge Tentacle Monster
Killikak
*=Acted this round

Aussir/Crone to act

x=5'square
X=Duvalis
X=Elle (20' up)
X=Aussir(On cat)
X=Killikak(20' up)
XXXX=Crone
6X6 XXX =Cat
3x3 XXX=Giant
3x3 XXX=Huge Tentacle Monster (20' in air)
SWARM: currnetly hovering over the party 90' in air.

Keeping Elle the same colour as your last character unless you wanna switch.
[/sblock]

Duvalis abandons his fight with the giant and races over to the cat, slashing it repeatedly and deeply.
The beast growls menacingly at him, but seems more concerned with the annoyance on its back. It rolls over, twisting around to get at the tiny dragon, mauling, scratching, and biting him relentlessly.

Meanwhile, the swarm hovers higher, recharging.

[sblock=ooc/combat]
Duvalis hits the cat 4 times, inflicting a fair bit of damage, as well as 13 damage to himself.

The cat full-round mauls the annoying gnat (AKA Aussir) and hits with all but one attack, dealing you a total of 601 damage.

Tag, Aussir's it. Would you like to pick a new dance partner?

[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Aussir attempts to throw off the frenzy Dc 20 will, he needs anything but a 1 nat fail. And I could try to get off the cat and try a different tactic but i'm frenzying, and while the ability says to the best of ability and sayes nothing about being suicidal I can not in good consious have the Raging, Frenzing Dragon do anything but respond to the attack upon him.
And so ends Aussir's life. I'll do around the same damage as last time, then it'll attack me doing the same damage, then i'll attack it again and so on, only the tentical beast can actually put me done for the next 16 rounds if it can do 100 str befor then. at the start of the 20th round if they all are not dead i reactivate my Frenzy. 5x18=90 rounds...ish i have to live. I'll kill it but it will put me too far into the negatives to heal from with out magic by the time my frenzy ends.
Aussir repeats the same attacks as last time exept that the last one the bite wil be at the strand attatched to him.

attacks= +59/+59/+54/+49/+44/+51
nat1,67,57,53,53,68
damage 1d10+178, 1d10+178, 1d10+178, 1d10+178, 1d10+178, 1d4+69
fail,182,183,183,188,71

hp= 166/765 (assuming fast heal and Jemal taking in me 1/- dr)
immune elements/crits/sleep/para, resist sonic 30, fast heal 2
AC=68(72vs cat)
Rage/frenzy round 2/18 [/sblock]

As the Cat turns on him Aussir has a bref moment of clearity. That dies under the attacks of the beast. Snarling in pain and rage Aussir continues his assult on the creature. The only difference is he savagely but with an almost off hand air, bites at the strand attached to him.

[sblock= undercommon]Lunch? LUNCH! STRING THING WANT TO SEE LUNCH?! AUSSIR WILL SHOW STRING THING LUNCH! AUSSIR CARVE UP UGLY AND FEED TO STRING THING![/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Still locked in the grapple with the giant roper, Setis roars again and lowers her draconic head so she can strike both the roper and the swarm...then releases another blast of pure magical force from between her jaws!

Then, anticipating the oncoming attack from the swarm, Setis' body writhed and rippled and suddenly changed to dull blue armored plates instead of nearly transparent shimmering scales.

(Standard to breathe in 60' cone hitting the roper and the swarm. Move to shift into a blue dragon to avoid that lightning blast!)

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=initiative/map]
Round 3 Init:
*Elle
*Giant
*Duvalis
*Cat
*Swarm
*Aussir
*Setis
*Roper-beast
Killikak
*=Acted this round

Killikak and Elle to Act

x=5'square
X=Duvalis
X=Elle (20' up)
X=Aussir(On cat)
X=Killikak(20' up)
XXXX=Setis
6X6 XXX =Cat
3x3 XXX=Giant
3x3 XXX=Roper-beast (20' in air)
SWARM: currnetly hovering over the party 90' in air.
[/sblock]

Aussir's furious assault tears into the Cat's hide, gouging deep grooves, though even through his fury he is starting to realize that this thing is unusually resistant to his blows. His bite easily severs the fragile strand connecting him to the Roper.

Meanwhile, Setis's blast of force hits the Roper-beast unprepared, injuring it and dissintegrating it's remaining attached strands. Although the swarm manages to mostly avoid it, several shock-bugs do drop from it.

With a hiss, the multi-headed Roper-beast snaps out at all those around it, exuding more strands to fly out at the guardians, striking and snatching onto each of them once again.. except Elle, who deftly dances out of the way as the strand flies past, latching instead onto the giant Cat directly behind her.
It's two thicker tentacles follow that strand, intent on snatching the agile bird-snack, but Elle (Barely) manages to avoid the beasts grasp.
The many heads of the beast split their attention, six each going after the dwarf and the dragon. The unfortunate heads striking at the dwarf find his armour tougher than their teeth, and are unable to penetrate it. Those attacking the shape-changed dragon have more luck.

[sblock=ooc/combat]
Flesh - I actually did NOT remember Aussir's DR, so subtract 14 damage.
Aussir hits with everything(Except the nat 1).

Shayuri - Roper failed save(109 dmg), Swarm made it(54 dmg)
I'm assuming you turn into the biggest Blue you can (Ancient), which makes your Natural armour drop by 7 compared to the Force.. It thus hits you with four bites, for 38, 30, 38, 32 damage.
(Just FYI, if you'd stayed in Force, it would've only hit once).
Also, I just noticed you're immune to crits from Warshaper, so that 108 dmg crit i dealt you last round should only have been 36.
And thirdly, did you expend a new wildshape to change forms or use your evershifting form? If you expended a wildshape don't forget that you heal as though a days rest(40hp). It would also close the bleeding wounds the bites are dealing you. Otherwise, At the begining of the creatures turn, you take 9 damage from the Ravenous Wounds, and will be up to 21 on its next turn.
You take 17 str damage from last rounds failed fort saves and need three more poison saves.
You need 4 more saves vs Poison.

Everybody but Elle is once more attached to strands (Yes, it can do that every round), and needs another fort save (DC65) or take 10 str damage.
Elle had to use her Epic Dodge against the second Tentacle, but it's her turn now anyways, so it resets.

On the plus side for the party, the Cat is also stranded...

Now it's Dwarfy McAwesome and Super-bird's turn. Provoke Things!
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Fenris

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC] You know it doesn't do much good to be able to trip things the size of a small moon if they are already flying ;) Now I am assuming I can attack the cat since you all said so, even though I am 20' up in the air and it is on the ground, presumably taller than 5' though.[/sblock]

"I am getting pretty darn sick of this tentacled monstrosity." snarls Killikak. Whirling his glaive around he swings it visciously around at the strands holding him as well as the cat lying well within the reacg of his long hafted weapon.
ooc: Save should be three higher for Con boost, not that it matters.
OOC2: OK new rolls, save will stand obviously.

Last edited:

Remove ads