Gaming w/Jemal: War of the Gods (Acid Test)

Dharuhk Svahre

First Post
Elle gracefully manuevers between the gigantic abominations, dodging the attempted reprisals of the tentacle beast which was now put out of her thoughts. The dwarf was safe, but now the little dragon seemed to be in peril. Her initial threat analysis left her to believe that the best course of action was to keep these potential companions in one piece. It was time to distract the kitty.

Her robes concealed much of her dance of death, her long crafted fighting stye allowing her to switch instantly from offense to defense. The fluttering and spinning cloud of black cloth travelled alongside the cat at a seemingly impossible pace, the only things breaking through the darkness being the occasional glint of sunlight reflecting off her scythe and the rain of red that followed it.

Once again her scythe is replaced by her defensive shortsword as she awaits the counterstrike. She floats in the air right in front of her target, tempting it to ignore the dragon and instead search for her blood.

[sblock=OOC]
Just as an FYI, my character is always tumbling. I have a good enough check I can pretty much make any check on a 1 moving full speed.

Elle will attack the cat, and all of her attacks will be using Setis for flanking. She will be expertising for 5 and power attacking for 14, as well as fighting defensivly. Then as a swift she will use all 3 charges from her belt of battle to gain another full round action and do it all over again. She will end her movement south of the cat, 20ft in the air, 2 squares below its center so as to prevent it from pouncing.

After attacking, she will use her casters gloves to swap out her scythe for her broadbladed shortsword.

Attack: +47 = +29 BAB + 5 Dervish, +1 Feats, +1 Weapon Master, +17 Str, +10 Magic + 1 Haste + 6 Way of the Lion + 2 Flanking - 4 Fighting Defensivly - 5 Expertise - 14 Power Attack

Full Attack: +47x4/+42x2/+37x2/+32x2 2d6+68 17-20x4

Current AC:115 (10 Base + 10 Natural Armor + 5 Deflection + 9 Wis + 12 Int + 10 Dex + 18 Armor + 3 Dervish + 1 Monk + 4 Dervish + 6 Fighting Defensivly + 12 Duelist + 2 Broadbladed Shortsword + 2 Dodge + 1 Haste + 5 Defending + 5 Expertise)

Touch AC: 87 (10 Base + 5 Deflection + 9 Wis + 12 Int + 10 Dex + 3 Dervish + 1 Monk + 4 Dervish + 6 Fighting Defensivly + 12 Duelist + 2 Broadbladed Shortsword + 2 Dodge + 1 Haste + 5 Defending + 5 Expertise)

Other defenses: Epic Dodge, Elusive Target, 20% miss chance, resist 30 all.

Full attack x2, First 4 Attacks (1d20+47=67, 1d20+47=60, 1d20+47=62, 1d20+47=60)

Second 2 Attacks (1d20+43=59)
Second batch of attacks, missed attack (1d20+43=60)

Third 2 Attacks (1d20+37=53, 1d20+37=55)

Fourth 2 Attacks (1d20+32=37, 1d20+32=51)

Critical Confirmation (1d20+47=51)

Elle is going to blow all of her dailys for this. I don't know if all of her crits hit in the first place, but if they all did her last 3 crits will use her fleshring of scorn to auto confirm. This will deal Elle 12d6 damage. 2 of them will use her last 2 Ki Critical Powers. If the normal attacks all hit (I'm pretty sure the last one missed, but its not like I'd need to roll it anyways) I'm using her remaining 6 Ki Damage to deal max damage with up to 6 non crit attacks.

Flesh Ring of Scorn x3 (12d6=30) (I should have rolled them seperatly in case all of the crits didn't hit. I thought somebody had hit on a 51, but it turns out it was a 53)

Damage rolls for Elle's Crits (in case they hit) (2d6+68=75, 2d6+68=76, 2d6+68=75, 2d6+68=74)

Now, as far as I know the monster's AC is not higher than 53, so I'm going to give 3 damage totals, 1 for AC 53, 1 for AC 51 since all but one of my attacks are in this range, and one for AC 37. This should speed things up on your end oh mighty DM.

AC 53: 8 Hits, 2 Crits, 1230 damage + (ref DC 20 for half) 40 Sonic + 40 Acid
AC 51: 9 Hits, 4 Crits, 1750 damage + (ref DC 20 for half) 40 Sonic + 40 Acid + 40 Cold + 40 Fire
AC 37: 10 Hits, 4 Crits, 1830 damage + (ref DC 20 for half) 40 Sonic + 40 Acid + 40 Cold + 40 Fire

For each successful Crit there is also a DC 14 will save or be slowed for 3 rounds

And to all those who believe this is a rediculous amount of damage, I just expended my belt of battle to go twice so :p [/sblock]

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=initiative/map]
Round 3 Init:
*Elle
*Giant
Duvalis
Cat
Mizore
Swarm
Aussir
Setis
Roper-beast
Killikak
*=Acted this round

Duvalis to Act

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

x=5'square
X=Mizore (Appears after the cats turn)
X=Duvalis
X=Elle (20' up)
X=Aussir(On cat)
X=Killikak(20' up)
XXXX=Setis
6X6 XXX =Cat
3x3 XXX=Giant
3x3 XXX=Roper-beast (20' in air)
SWARM: currnetly hovering over the party 90' in air.
[/sblock]

Kilikak's glaive whirls viciously, first severing the strand attached to him before biting twice into the monstrous roper. Turning, he strikes at the cat, knocking the great, surprised beast from its feat with an almost comical thud, and slicing into it.

The bird lady too focuses her efforts on the now-prone cat, Rushing along its side and slicing it repeatedly and painfully before stopping several feet south of it, tauntingly close to the injured and angry beast.

The giant rushes across the battlefield, tumbling far too agiley for his size past the preoccupied dragon and ending up underneath the dwarf. As he runs under the dwarf, an overhand slap strikes out, and he then he disapears, reapearing north of the dwarf with a dropkick before landing agiley on its feet beside him. It looks up, and the smugness dissapears from its face as it realizes its assault has gone virtually unnoticed.

[sblock=ooc/combat]
Kilikak severs the tentacle and trips the cat, as well as hitting with his other attacks and dealing some damage to both creatures.
Elle hit with all but the lowest attack, dealing MASSIVE damage, though she's certain that the beast is ignoring at least some of her attack strength (DR)

After their combined assault, the cat is now looking Badly Injured.

The Giant hits Kilikak twice, total damage after DR = 24.

Rathan, your turn.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
*BUMP*
OOC: Anybody know if Rathan's Away for a bit and needs to be delayed/NPC'd, or is he still around?

Rathan - If you're around, we're just waiting on your turn.

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=initiative/map]
Round 3 Init:
*Elle
*Giant
**Duvalis
*Cat
Mizore
Swarm
Aussir
Setis
Roper-beast
Killikak
*=Acted this round
**=Delaying

Mizore to Act

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

x=5'square
X=Mizore (Appears after the cats turn)
X=Duvalis
X=Elle (20' up)
X=Aussir(On cat)
X=Killikak(20' up)
XXXX=Setis
6X6 XXX =Cat
3x3 XXX=Giant
SWARM: currently hovering over the party 90' in air.
[/sblock]

A strange feeling comes over Duvalis as the valkyrie surveys his surroundings, and finds himself unable to decide what to do.

The cat flails around angrily, slashing and biting and whipping its tentacles at the warrior that knocked it over as it tries to regain its footing, but though most of its attacks strike the stoic dwarf, they leave barely a scratch on the hardy Killikak.

Even as the cat flails, there is a gathering of energy in the air, and the obvious effects of a teleport spell as a new guardian enters the fray, popping in between the dwarf, cat, and dragon.

[sblock=ooc/combat]
Delaying Rathan's turn for now until I find out where he's gone and if he'll be back.
Cat full-rounded the dwarf from prone, hits all but once. deals 19 damage after DR.

Mizore Appears and it's her turn. Describe your appearance upon entrance and your action.

[/sblock]

Ruiktheforgotten

First Post
Mizore a mid sized women appears in the group. She has bright orange hair which is covered by a white beach hat. Her body is covered by a dark red cloak, but a pair of kama can be seen being held in sight. she is wearing a plain looking shirt with some tears in it and pants that are in similar condition.

looking around the first thing mizore notices is the large cat infront of her and the group attacking it so decides its the clear target for now.She began to whirl around the cat with kama in hand slashing at her target with every graceful turn.
[sblock]
first things first going into dervish dance. Second thing tumble check to perform the dance

Now for the full-round with power-attack for 5

Mizore will dance around the cat until she is opposite to Duvalis on the other side of the cat

Attack Rolls
1d20+69=79, 1d20+69=81, 1d20+69=74, 1d20+69=86, 1d20+69=88, 1d20+69=89

1d20+64=71, 1d20+64=70

1d20+59=79, 1d20+59=77

1d20+54=63, 1d20+54=72

Crit Confirms
1d20+69=78

1d20+59=73

Damage Rolls

1d6+39=44, 1d6+39=41, 1d6+39=40, 1d6+39=45, 1d6+39=43, 1d6+39=42, 1d6+39=43, 1d6+39=44, 1d6+39=41, 1d6+39=44

Crit Damage

1d6+78=82, 1d6+78=79
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=initiative/map]
Round 3 Init:
*Elle
*Giant
**Duvalis
*Cat
*Mizore
*Swarm
Aussir
Setis
Roper-beast
Killikak
*=Acted this round
**=Delaying

Aussir to Act

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

x=5'square
X=Mizore
X=Duvalis
X=Elle (20' up)
X=Aussir(On cat)
X=Killikak(20' up)
XXXX=Setis
6X6 XXX =Cat
3x3 XXX=Giant
SWARM: currently hovering over the party 90' in air.
[/sblock]

The woman who just appeared joins in the fray quickly, her kamas flying and slashing at the allready wounded cat as she twirls about it, slicing more lines in its blood-covered hide.

Meanwhile, the hum from above grows louder as the electrical crackling in the swarm returns to what it had been like at the start of the fight, the bugs continueing to zoom around and charge their energy.

[sblock=ooc/combat]
Continueing to Delay Rathan's turn until I find out where he's gone and if he'll be back.

Mizore hits with everything, but the cat seems to be at least partially resistant to her assault (DR)
The cat is Severely Injured (11-30% health)

Aussir's Turn.
[/sblock]

As the monsterous cat thrashes around Aussir startes to shake his head as if he's trying to clear it..."OOHHH...Aussir's head hurt... Aussir's tail hurt... Aussir's back hurts...Actually Aussir just hurts... Aussir thinks has had enough of ugly for now... cook ugly up later... maybe time to get off this crazy ride." Aussir Calmly walks down the creature's back and down the tail. He gracfully dives off the tail and complets a flip ...before swooping up and flying. With what could be called a "Swan Dive" he hits the ground and burrows underground only to come up under the feet of the giant. He takes a casual slice at it's ankles. " 'Ello"
[sblock=ooc] sorry for lateness, getting net access has been a little dificult for me. Aussir once again tries to throw off the frenzy... and does not nat one this time...Nat 20 will save vs frenzy Also the rage ends and aussir becomes fatigued(need to use combate expertise) Aussir chooses to get off the living death trap he's currently one and tries a different one. Tumble check +44 to move across the battlefield, I do not provoke attacks for moveing through the spaces of anything large or bigger so it's only the standard threatened spaces. tumble 49 I'll fly 30-40 ish feet then burrow and come up under the giant ....i should have used accelereted tumbling... oh well.. from there i'll use fighting defensively and combat expertise to jack my ac, and cover is a bonus i can control. i'll make a single attack with my katona, the giant is not wearing armour correct? Attack of +47(ya i'm not gonna hit but i need to attack for the AC) Attack 59 hopefully he doesn't move...

hp= 182/765
immune elements/crits/sleep/para, resist sonic 30, fast heal 2
AC=99
Rage/frenzy done fatigued....[/sblock]

Remove ads