Gamma World to Return -- What Else Should Come Back?

0-hr

Starship Cartographer
I wouldn't mind seeing a fresh version of Twilight2000 (though maybe it should be renamed to Twilight2050 :) )

Davelozzi

Explorer
Lisa Nadazdy said:
I think Metamorphasis Alpha could work, but it really is a variation of Gamma World, so I think it would make for a good add-on product.

Jim Ward released a new version of Metamorphasis Alpha earlier this year.

I'd like to see Dark*Matter and Star*Drive for d20 Modern, and Birthright and Dark*Sun for D&D. I know that we heard a rumor about a year ago that AEG or someone had the rights to Dark*Sun but I haven't heard anything official.

Last edited:

Gary N. Mengle

First Post
While I have no desire to see Dark Matter or Star Drive (ugh) brought back, there are a number of old TSR properties I'd like to see developed as shiny new d20 editions.

Chief among these is Gangbusters, which (I am still convinced) was the best game TSR ever published. We had an absolute riot with it.

I also wouldn't mind a d20 Boot Hill, though I doubt the viability of such a product in the marketplace. It might do okay as a one-shot stand-alone, though.

I wouldn't have minded seeing Top Secret, but agree with Joshua that Spycraft pretty much covers the genre. For the same reason, I don't see a need for a new Star Frontiers, since we now have d20 Traveller.

Of the D&D properties, I'd love to see Birthright or Al-Qadim brought back, or Mystara. Dark Sun I never much cared for, and Planescape is covered (albiet shallowly) by existing material.

The big one that I'd like to see come back as a fancy d20 game, though, is Empire of the Petal Throne. I know GOO is supposedly doing it as a Tri-Star product at some point, but that project seems to me to be floundering and I'd frankly rather see it as d20, where it would stand (IMO) a better chance in the marketplace.

Last edited:

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
BiggusGeekus@Work said:
"For Fairie, Queen, and Country"

::listens to the crickets chirping and realizes he is alone in this::

Well, when you think about it, WotC is doing the same thing that TSR tried to do with its Amazing Engine - but is taking the smart way by basing d20 off of the best-selling RPG in history, instead of creating a whole new system for pan-genre gaming from whole cloth.

Alright, which setting is supposed to have the * in it? I've seen Star*Drive, Dark*Matter and now Dark*Sun! Are you going to move to Forgotten*Realms or Grey*Hawk next? :p

Actually, if I recall, it properly is Star*Drive, and Dark·Matter, right? And that · in Dark·Matter is a real pain to type: I have to open Word, insert symbol, copy and paste it into my browser window: I think for all that trouble Dark*Matter is probably good enough! :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases