Gamma World - Wheres the love?

frank_blankenship

First Post
Does anyone know what is planned for the Gamma World property know that WW/S&S has had their 6-book run?

Is it now poised to become a d20 Modern campaign sourcebook like Dark Matter has?

Any thoughts? I have the 6-book run of GW from S&S and I like it. I also have the 1993 version, which is as close to D&D 2nd ed as it got. Seems pretty simple to use material from one in the other. Anyone done this?

Where are some good Gamma World maps I can use?

Any fansites for the latest edition?

Tetsubo

First Post
frank_blankenship said:
Does anyone know what is planned for the Gamma World property know that WW/S&S has had their 6-book run?

Is it now poised to become a d20 Modern campaign sourcebook like Dark Matter has?

Any thoughts? I have the 6-book run of GW from S&S and I like it. I also have the 1993 version, which is as close to D&D 2nd ed as it got. Seems pretty simple to use material from one in the other. Anyone done this?

Where are some good Gamma World maps I can use?

Any fansites for the latest edition?

I've got endless love for GW, just not the S&S version...

There are a number of Yahoo groups and quite a few websites dedicated to the game.

Most of the true fans didn't seem to like the S&S version. My favorite is the 4th edition set of rules. They were really precursors to 3.0 D&D...

As far as I know there are no plans of any kind to do anything with the GW license. I would however love to see a d20 version done up based off of the Omega World rules...

Viktyr Gehrig

First Post
Tetsubo said:
My favorite is the 4th edition set of rules. They were really precursors to 3.0 D&D...

I was partial to the Alternity version, once the Dragon Magazine article fixed the lack of mutant animals.

With Fourth Edition as a reference, you can make a solid d20 Gamma World with Savage Species (for the templates, including Anthropomorphic), d20 Modern, d20 Future, and d20 Apocalypse. Then, it's just a matter of adding other sourcebooks as needed to increase the strangeness.

The S&S books have incredible flavor material, though. If you have extra money or you can get a good price on them, I highly recommend them for the reading.

buzz

Adventurer
Committed Hero said:
I thought it was Modern compatible - doesn't it use the same basic classes?
The WW/S&SS is d20M-based. It's bolts on a lot of extra rules, but d20M is the book they tell you to buy to run it.

I think frank just meant that it might literally become a WotC d20M supplement... which would be great, IMO. I doubt we'll see it anytime soon, though.

Mycanid

First Post
buzz said:
I think frank just meant that it might literally become a WotC d20M supplement... which would be great, IMO. I doubt we'll see it anytime soon, though.

Now THIS would be an interesting thing to see! I LOVED the TSR Gamma World setting and the ideas around it. Just never really liked where they seemed to take it, either with emphasis or rule development (and I am NOT a rules lawyer sort at all)!

buzz

Adventurer
Mycanid said:
Now THIS would be an interesting thing to see! I LOVED the TSR Gamma World setting and the ideas around it. Just never really liked where they seemed to take it, either with emphasis or rule development (and I am NOT a rules lawyer sort at all)!
I'd like to see it simply because I trust WotC will put out a single volume that has all you need (save for d20M) to run GW... as opposed to padding it out to six overpriced, underdeveloped books and 1000+ pages.

Sorry, I'll stop.

Remove ads