• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gardens and the Graves

Ashy

First Post
"Great molderin' toadstools!", Grouse curses. He looks to the others and exclaims, "Let's go!", he then races off towards the house, grumbling all the way...

hafrogman

Adventurer
Gus hurries off after Grouse, as fast as his little legs will carry him. He fires a non-stop stream of questions as he runs.

"What's so important? What's the messenger? What's the stick mean? Why are the robins so excited? Do you think this has something to do with the children's journey?"

Ashy

First Post
Grouse calls back, a bit irritated, "Stones an' sticks, Gus! If'n I knew that, I'd not be runnin' to th' house!"

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
The fey jog or fly to the house, slipping inside and going to the parlor, where anything important would be taking place. They hide behind a large chair, and watch the drama unfold. The stick with black leaves that the robins were speaking of proves to be a scroll case bound with black ribbons. That could mean only one thing, a death. The messenger wears fine livery edged in gold, bearing the device of a lion. That's a king's man for certain. He is talking to the children as you come in.

"-was a terrible accident. The sudden ice storm caught the driver off guard, the horses slipped, and the carriage plunged into the ocean. I'm very sorry for your loss, your parents were well-loved amongst the Court," he is saying.

Seonaid

Explorer
Freyja stifles a gasp at the news. Her horror-stricken eyes turn to the others. "I can't imagine all of this being only the result of an 'accident.' What should we do?"

Lady Shatterstone

First Post
*Sadness slides over Oribella's face at the news. She has been here before... a child losing a parent is a terrible things and weights heavily on them for the rest of there lives. Tears slide slowly down her face at past memories and what may come for these children. As Freyja speaks the tears stop and her minds turns to working the situation over and over looking for anything that may prove Freyja's huntch.*

ooc: sorry for any delay I have been out of state for the past 12 days.

Ashy

First Post
OOC: I've been out of town as well - back now though. DM, could the ice storm that the skull created been the source of the ice storm mentoined above? I'm assuming that the faries would know if this place where the accident occurred would have been close at hand, or far away...

Grouse, for once, says nothing.

He is completely silent.

There is a hard, pained look on his face and there are tears welling up in his dark blue eyes. He stands, looking at the children he loves so dearly and cries. Big tears roll down his scraggy face like summer raindrops on the bark of an ancient fir tree. The faerie cries silently and makes no move to hide his sorrow. Finally, he turns and speaks to those nearby. "Stay wit' 'em. I'll be back..."

With that, Grouse leaves the house without another word.

DM: [sblock]Grouse goes as quickly as he can (even using spells if need be) to the faeire ring. There, he calls upon the names of the faerie king and queen to hear their humble servant...[/sblock]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
OOC - Yes, the faeires believe that the ice storm that hit the house must have been in a wider area as well. The road runs parallel to the ocean on a cliff for a short while, which it must have happened.

Grouse heads out to the faerie ring and calls upon those fey creatures of pure magic. With a great upwelling of earth, it splits to show the court of Underhill, and the queen and king sitting upon their thrones. The other faeries immediately sense the unheavels in the natural currents, and know that something is going on in the faerie ring. They can run there and arrive when the summoning is complete.

"The need must be truly dire to call for us," the king says in tones of pitiless purity. The great fey are much removed from the time and thoughts of mortals, and their own perspectives are strange. Those that live amongst humans learn to live with them and can understand them. But the great fey are dangerous in many ways, even to those who share their bloodline. One must tread cautiously.

Last edited:

Seonaid

Explorer
When Freyja feels the summoning, she understands Grouse's abrupt departure. She looks at the others, hesitating for a moment before heading out to the faerie ring. When she gets there, she waits silently and deferentially behind and to the side of Grouse.

Lady Shatterstone

First Post
*Oribella feels the swell of magic. She has felt this once before and knows the Grouse as called upon the king and queen. Oribella follows Freyja to the ring and comes to stand on the other side of Grouse. She is still and slient.*

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads