• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gargantuan Orcus at GenCon

Treebore

First Post
Every fan of NEcromancer Games will likely buy one. There are one to two thousand sales right there. Does Amazon tell you number of pre-orders? If so you have at least one.

NewJeffCT

First Post
Scott_Rouse said:
We know we can get the price to a good point as long as the quantities are right. As it stands right now it does not look like we could sell enough to make that work. We were showing it off a GenCon to drum up support.

I've never been to a GenCon, or any other convention, but count me as interested.

Glyfair

Explorer
Scott_Rouse said:
We know we can get the price to a good point as long as the quantities are right. As it stands right now it does not look like we could sell enough to make that work. We were showing it off a GenCon to drum up support.

While I jokingly suggested it at the beginning of the thread, tying it loosely into a major project could help drum up interest. "Expedition to Bloodstone Pass" or whatever with the climax of Orcus appearing on the battlefield would create interest in a number of quarters.

kaomera

Explorer
Scott_Rouse said:
How many do I need to buy?

Alaric_Prympax

First Post
Scott_Rouse said:

Although I disagree with is wand, as I said in my previous post in this thread. if it will help put me down as a definate instead of a probably will get. :)

Boozer

Explorer
I have all but one of their special Dragon minis (got the blue one at Gencon for $20 at Jac Games on Sunday!), so I'd welcome something that isn't a dragon. Personally, I'd like to see a Tarrasque. Not something to be used in many games, but neither is the red Dragon they made. :D

Vocenoctum

First Post
I think the problem is the "too many buckets" thing. Sure there are fans of Orcus that will buy it, and the Red was great, but the odds of getting a single figure that captures a large part of the market are slim I think. I bought red, I'll get white (I hear it even comes with some throw away humanoids to appease folks...) but Blue & Black dragons interest me not. I'd have loved a green, but the 3.5 green, and if we ever see a green it'll probably be that ass ugly 4e thing.

I'd have liked theme packs more than single figures, but I think a lot of it is perceived price point.

Treebore

First Post
Vocenoctum said:
I think the problem is the "too many buckets" thing. Sure there are fans of Orcus that will buy it, and the Red was great, but the odds of getting a single figure that captures a large part of the market are slim I think. I bought red, I'll get white (I hear it even comes with some throw away humanoids to appease folks...) but Blue & Black dragons interest me not. I'd have loved a green, but the 3.5 green, and if we ever see a green it'll probably be that ass ugly 4e thing.

I'd have liked theme packs more than single figures, but I think a lot of it is perceived price point.

I've bought them all!

I would buy a Terrasque as well.

Remove ads