• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gary Gygax: A Brief Gencon Xl Report

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Festivus said:
Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Sadly I could not make it to GenCon, and probably won't until they bring it back to California (wishful thinking).

I have always felt uncomfortable approaching someone ask asking for a photo or autograph, perhaps because I am unsure that I would be comfortable with it myself. But it is nice that you took even the extra time to do this for those who appreciate your work.

Rest easy, gain energy for working on that big old castle of yours. And thank you for sharing your perspective on the convention.
Heh...

While I can not speak for others, I consider it an honor to be asked for an autograph and/or pic :D Never feel the leasy bit shy in my case!

It is indeed now a time for me to relax a good deal even as I attend to matters related to my being at GenCon--such as posting here.

Cheers,
Gary

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Breakdaddy said:
It was awesome to get to hang out with you at the TLG booth and elsewhere, Gary! The Troll Lord crew had a blast hosting you and we greatly appreciated your presence!

-Jason Alexander
Thank you Jason,

If I had my druthers, I'd have spent more timne schmoozing with the booth crew!

Cheers,
Gary

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
FATDRAGONGAMES said:
No worries about not making it to the booth Gary, I'm just glad I was able to get away from the FDG booth to come see you instead. Don't know if you saw my reply on the Troll Lord forums, but I have your stuff all packaged up and ready to send you later this week. See you at Lake Geneva Con in June!
Yuppers Tom,

Saw it and responded. your post here does answer a question I had though. See my DF message and see you at LGGC IV :lol:

Cheers,
Gary

Last edited:

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
Like PC said, it was a great joy to game with you, and thank you not only for your time but for being so gracious to my daughter!

I have a question about the Christians & Gaming forum that I will email you privately about. I missed it, unfortunately...

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
IuztheEvil said:
Although I am sure that Erik will say as much as soon as he spots this thread, I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for spending some time at the Paizo booth. It was great seeing you there.

As a side note, Anubis Murders is now at the top of my pile and I look forward to reading it.

Thanks again.

Jason Bulmahn
GameMastery Brand Manager for Paizo
If you read my con report you'll see that we exchange accolades in this regard ;)

I do hope you enjoy the novel...and its tweo companions.

Cheerio,
Gary

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
JoshuaFrost said:
I see Jason beat me to the punch.

*shakes fist at Jason*
:lol:

But you quoted my good words about being there at the Paizo exhibit...and forgetting to pick up any of my author's copies of the Anubis Murders...what a maroon :confused:

If I am at Gencon next uear I'll assuredly set up autographing times with you good people!

Cheerio,
Gary

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Eridanis said:
Like PC said, it was a great joy to game with you, and thank you not only for your time but for being so gracious to my daughter!

I have a question about the Christians & Gaming forum that I will email you privately about. I missed it, unfortunately...
Your daughter was an angel, so well behaved she was scarcely noticable when we played. she is also a darling :D

Be happy to comment on the panel discussion further to what I posted in the con report.

Cheerio,
Gary

Clefton Twain

First Post
I don't know how I did it, but I missed getting to meet you, which was at the top of my list of things I wanted to do. I either got too busy or couldn't find you. Next year I will be sure to bring my "Divining rod of Gygax-seeking."

--CT

Erik Mona

Adventurer
It was great having you at the booth for the two signings, Gary! It was such a pleasure to sit next to you and listen to all of the gamers speak about the positive impact D&D has made on their lives. A real treat.

Let's do it again next year!

--Erik Mona
Publisher
Paizo Publishing, LLC

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads