Gary Gygax's The Hermit kickstarter is almost over!

darjr

I crit!
Next from Gary Gygax and the Troll Lords is The Hermit.

[bq]King Nupathurva, called "the Shrewd," has sound reason to be angry. Lodash, one of the lands most reknowned Sages, has wandered into the Vorelberg Mountains, this of his own accord. In refusing the King's summons, he worries the monarch overly much and threatens his rule by his defiance. Now, you must find the reluctant hermit and bring him to heel, this or suffer the wrath of the King!

One of Gygax’s most original adventure modules. The Hermit leads the adventuring party on a wildly unique journey, complete with a maze, riddles, deadly traps, clever and dangerous monsters and it all ends in a world turned on its head. This is classic play at its best.

If you’ve run Gygax adventures before and want the experience again, The Hermit is for you. If you’ve never experienced a Gygax adventure you’ll definitely want to sit in on this one. Written by Gary Gygax for the d20 and Lejendary Adventure Game systems. The Hermit is best suited for mid-level adventuring parties, but is also designed to be user friendly for those DMs who wish to run the game at higher or lower levels. [/bq]

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
I have their castles and crusades books, just never had a chance to play it with our group but this adventure in 5e would be nice. I could just pick up the 3e version and convert or mine it for adventure ideas…but I’d like to support the team via Kickstarter.

Thondor

I run Compose Dream Games RPG Marketplace
I have it sitting on the shelf behind me, but I never played or ran it.
It's right next to 1e Temple of Elemental Evil, got The Hermit from my local FLGS. It suffered from the July 2002 release date a little (edition change) and apparently my copy was printed here in Canada.
I think it's one of the first duel-stated books I ever picked up which was interesting in it's own right at the time.

Remove ads