Gate Pass Gazette Gate Pass Gazette Issue #1 Contents

Issue #1 of Level Up: Advanced 5th Edition's official magazine is approaching, and here's a look at the creepy contents!

To make sure you get your copy of the Gate Pass Gazette (and download the free Issue #0 which includes the artificer class and the construct heritage), be sure to subscribe to the official Patreon!

• Mysterious Mastermind: The Fateholder. A giant spider with eight multicolored eyes, a fateholder spider fixes its prey in an unsettling gaze that can read, and sometimes alter, the victim’s destiny—and even history. By Paul Hughes.
  • Foretold Prowess: A collection of archetypes found throughout the weave of destiny, including the Loreweaver bard, Defiant berserker, Bladeseer fighter, and Revoker herald. By Thiago Rosa.
  • Weaving Prophecy: A look into the mysterious entity known as the Fate Spinner, a cosmic-level spider that maintains the order of the cosmos, and a Culture and Destiny for those touched by her influence. By Cassandra MacDonald.
  • Those of the Web: A new Heritage in the form of the spiderfolk, as well as a set of synergy feats enabling those empowered by fate to unlock new abilities. By Pedro Coimbra.

Fatespinner_Spider_-_Rafael_Benjamin.jpg

The Fatespinner by Rafael Benjamin

Last edited:

Hmmm....the Bladeseer archetype makes me imagine a fighter holding a blade before their face, and using it as a medium to briefly foretell the future (to gain Advantage on their next ability score check, their next saving throw, their next skill check or the next opponent they face) or to briefly glimpse somewhere else and through someone else's blade. ;) The latter being perfect for recon missions or in those moments where the party has to split up into doing side missions. A Bladeseer with the Two-Weapon Fighting style could probably link their blades together for this particular ability. :) The Defiant Berserker? The ability to defy anyone's attempt to track or learn anything about them through divination magic? As for the Loreweaver, uses divination during a Performance to gain intel. ;) The Revoker Herald, someone capable of breaking curses, infernal contracts and the like?

As for a Fate-related warlock, what if the patron is the Fatespinner itself?

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
When I see the preview image of the spiderfolk I want to say "Hello there".
6 sun blades!
enworld-sci-fi-cover-final6-jpg.150849

Certainly the Sci-Fi and Sci-Fantasy system book with psionics and laser swords would be pertinent to your interests...

Especially since it's designed, from the ground up, to be an expansion of the Level Up system rather than using a vastly different balance metric. So you can play the Spiderfolk as Voidrunners with a buncha laserswords and psionic power.

Fun note: I helped name the book!

darjr

I crit!
enworld-sci-fi-cover-final6-jpg.150849

Certainly the Sci-Fi and Sci-Fantasy system book with psionics and laser swords would be pertinent to your interests...

Especially since it's designed, from the ground up, to be an expansion of the Level Up system rather than using a vastly different balance metric. So you can play the Spiderfolk as Voidrunners with a buncha laserswords and psionic power.

Fun note: I helped name the book!
Link?

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases