• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Geek Confessional Thread 2024

TiQuinn

Me: Can't we get something new? I am SO. TIRED. of remakes and reboots.

Also Me: Hell yeah Furiosa!

Yeah, but that's also George Miller all the way.

Now, if it was suddenly NOT George Miller, and Disney came along and bought the rights to Mad Max, I'd be a-scared.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Yeah, but that's also George Miller all the way.

Now, if it was suddenly NOT George Miller, and Disney came along and bought the rights to Mad Max, I'd be a-scared.
sddefault.jpg

Edgar Ironpelt

Adventurer
I have a love-hate reaction to John Norman's GOR novels. Some bits I find really hot, while other bits stomp on my ick and squick buttons.

(The GOR novels can be considered Extruded Fantasy Product "Now with spicy BDSM flavoring!" but I prefer to think of them as the written equivalent of moonshine whiskey: Uneven and generally low quality, at least faintly toxic, provoke Carrie Nation style hatchet jobs, are an open vice for a few and a secret vice of many - but they do pack a real 100 proof emotional kick.)

Hmm. Yes. I suppose in an actual visual novel ge protagonist would actually have something to say and not just sit there dumbly like a sack of cement.

I guess my point is the game is dominated by long-winded stretches where a lot of plot happens but wherein there's no actual gameplay to be found

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads