• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gelatinous Cube Pills and Swarms!

lordxaviar

Explorer
I had a HLv Mage, get into genetic breeding and came up with an Escher Gelatinous cube, it could crawl up walls as long as it could keep complete contact with one side and could even crawl on the ceiling, rather than the floor, picture that with a 15 foot ceiling! I tried to make one fire proof but it exploded killing several apprentices. Love the tiny cube's,, going to have to use them. great thinking.

x

Last edited:

cmbarona

First Post
Ooh, I like! It also inspired me to think about a cube that tips over its sides for some purpose or another... not sure what that purpose is yet, but it got me thinking about where Medium-sized cubes could be found: as the playing dice of giants!

Since I've last posted in this thread, I've come up with some other ideas:

• Elemental-infused cubes as appliances: stoves, refrigerators/freezers, lamps, etc.
  • Gum! Dry little cubes ingest saliva and excrete minty freshness (or the flavor of your choice). No one blows bubbles with these things, though, because the tiny cubes die and their slime gets EVERYWHERE.
  • Drugs: I had mentioned this before, but in the campaign I made, CubeCorp has a monopoly on pharmaceuticals (sp?), with a shady narcotic underside. The real idea is a new ingestion method: let an inch^3 sized cube engulf a fingertip and exchange drugs under the skin, and voila! "Injections"!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads