• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Gen Con 04] The Insane Game - Updated 8/15/03!

FungiMuncher

First Post
This is a great idea! I would like to volunteer as a GM, or assist in any way I can. If I'm not needed for that, I definitely would like to play.

Some thoughts:
Old One's outline is awesome!

Keeping players involved for as long as they wish, and not eliminating them, is a great idea.

EN World characters in the scenarios would be cool.

A timetable of events will keep everyone on task.

Could we have both a character registry method and pre-generated characters? Those who want to could design their own, but would need to have it validated through the registry process by a certain deadline. They could then post their backgrounds to the boards, and possibly have a bit of role playing before the event. On the other hand, people who showed up to the event empty handed could select from a roster of generic (pre-approved) characters and be set to go.

Would this event be open to non-participants of EN World (assuming there are open spaces)? I have a couple buddies who might enjoy this.

FM

WanderingMonster

First Post
I'm hoping to make it to next year. While I think DMing would be grand, I'd like to offer my services on the character generation front. I'd be happy to create a portion of the characters that Enkhidu doesn't make (50/50 unless someone else wants to help).

Ashy

First Post
Just to let you all know, I AM keeping up with the thread and duly noting all of the additions - many of which have been TOP NOTCH. Hopefully, I will have some major news for you all soon on this - Pkitty and I are bouncing a few ideas back and forth and you will all be happy to know that the bulk of what is being posted here will, if my calculations are correct, work QUITE nicely in with what I am planning..... ;)

More as soon as I hear it! :D Hopefully the first of next week I'll be setting up mailing lists for DMs and Designers! :)

Ds Da Man

First Post
Just give a point-buy #, 10000 xp, 5000 gp, and limit all magic/feats/skills, etc. to core-rule 3.5.

I would love a large scenario game, and the opportunity to meet everyone. I definately would not be interested in a battle royale, unless after the game was completed.

Maybe have a pregame registry at the booth on Thursday?

Uzumaki

First Post
How about having there be a low-, mid-, high-level group sign up? Maybe the low level groups could deal with convincing the baron to help out, while a couple of the higher level groups guarded the garrisons, and an even higher level group got the artifact from the crazy mage. Then the DMs could choose which group level they would like to run.

whydirt

First Post
Uzumaki said:
How about having there be a low-, mid-, high-level group sign up? Maybe the low level groups could deal with convincing the baron to help out, while a couple of the higher level groups guarded the garrisons, and an even higher level group got the artifact from the crazy mage. Then the DMs could choose which group level they would like to run.
I like this idea, but I would suggest allowing the DMs to pick their group level preference first then have players pick from that.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads