• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

GenCon 2009 Event Submission

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
So, who else round these parts have submitted some events for Gencon?
Not me, though I'm booting around the idea of running something informal - trying out a 1e module I wrote - if anyone's interested. It'd be off the grid, and maybe even off the map - Tuesday night or Wednesday afternoon, perhaps.

Lan-"it's taken me 6 years to get back to GenCon"-efan

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
I might be able to be there by Wednesday afternoon. My regular group is having a 1E one-shot in a couple of weeks, run by The Skach who should also be in town by Wednesday afternoon. Perhaps we could fill a couple of seats for your scenario?

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
I might be able to be there by Wednesday afternoon. My regular group is having a 1E one-shot in a couple of weeks, run by The Skach who should also be in town by Wednesday afternoon. Perhaps we could fill a couple of seats for your scenario?
Sounds good. :)

Once things get rolling in this forum, I'll post a thread with some more concrete ideas for time, place, etc. - or at least time; place might have to be decided by committee as I've only been to Indy once before. (though if absolutely all else fails, I'll have a downtown hotel room...)

Lan-"counting the days"-efan

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Sounds good. :)

Once things get rolling in this forum, I'll post a thread with some more concrete ideas for time, place, etc. - or at least time; place might have to be decided by committee as I've only been to Indy once before. (though if absolutely all else fails, I'll have a downtown hotel room...)

Lan-"counting the days"-efan

Cool. Count me in and I will ping Skach and let him post for himself. Thanks. :)

Last edited:

Ycore Rixle

First Post
I'm going to be running three introductory games of Spellbound Kingdoms. The two time slots are:

* Wednesday at 8 pm (RPG0903027)

* Friday at 2 pm (RPG0903028)

* Saturday at noon (RPG0903029)

They're all sold out now, but check the link in my sig over the summer. I'll be posting my schedule, so if anyone wants to meet up, chat about the game, etc., just let me know!

The link in my sig will also tell you more about the game. The tagline is "Love, fear, and magic in a Renaissance on the brink." We've got assassins, courtesans, feral children, sorcery, alchemy, engineering, politics, war, zeppelins, dragons, and of course hordes of slavering undead. Check it out!

Last edited:

Jeff Wilder

First Post
Here's my game info (edited for brevity, additional info, and clarification):

Game ID RPG0901880-83
Gaming Group / Company The Ysabeau Chateau
Title An Old School Adventure
Description No tricks, no gimmicks. Just simple old school D&D. A caravan guard gig leads to a break-neck, non-stop adventure! 7th level, pre-generated characters, each with simple (but strong) role playing hooks with other PCs.
Event Type RPG - Role Playing Game
Game System Dungeons & Dragons
Rules Edition 3.5
Min Players 4
Max Players 6
Age Requirement Teen (13+)
Experience Required Some (you’ve played once or twice)
Preferred Time 08/13/2009 06:00 PM (Jeff), 8/14 06:00 PM (Mark), 8/15 06:00 PM (Mark), 8/16 10:00 AM (Jeff)
Event Duration 5.5
GM Names Jeff Wilder, Mark Salzer
Message to Registered Players Characters will be provided. All you need are dice, pencils, papers, and the desire to play!
Email for Info jeff dot wilder at yahoo dot com
Event Cost $6.00

JBeatnik

First Post
This is my first year to GenCon. My DM Matt and one of our players Nick went last year and had a blast. We've played 3.0/3.5/4.0 DnD and GURPS Space, so we're looking to expand our horizons a little bit, but also get some ideas on how to play the systems we're into. :D I just got the PHB2, and LOVE IT. My favorite classes have always been the bard and druid because of the creativity that comes with them. I'm not so sure I'm going to like the druid as much in 4th b/c of the limits of wild shape, but I am going to roll up a Gnome Bard.

As it is my first year, do you suggest going RPGA or not? I'm more of an actor/roleplayer than a min/maxer, so are there DnD 4th games that cater more to that, or do they just run you through modules?

Remove ads