• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

GenCon mentioned on NFL Total Access.

shouit

Explorer
I was watching Total Access this morning and GenCon was mentioned on NFL Total Access. Granted, they(meaning the host and the guest player from the Jets) thought that it was a Trekkie convention, but, it was talked about for a bit. It seems that the Jets had to stay out of town because too many "trekkies" had taken up the hotel rooms. Eisen(the host) also asked, if the Jets player was maulled by trekkies. Anyways, I just thought it was interesting.

Crothian

First Post
Funny stuff. I will say that there were thousands of colts fans that looked confused walking through the convnetion center.

Teneb

Explorer
According to a local news report I saw on ~Friday, the Jets had to stay 20 MILES from downtown. I bet they were thrilled.

Shouit, can't believe I missed you at Indy!

Teneb

Explorer
According to a local news report I saw on ~Friday, the Jets had to stay 20 MILES from downtown. I bet they were thrilled.

Shouit, can't believe I missed you at Indy!

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
Its our (geeks & nerds) revenge for years of sports programs stealing funding from academic programs.

JediSoth

Ranger REG

Explorer
Dark Humor

shouit said:
I was watching Total Access this morning and GenCon was mentioned on NFL Total Access. Granted, they(meaning the host and the guest player from the Jets) thought that it was a Trekkie convention, but, it was talked about for a bit. It seems that the Jets had to stay out of town because too many "trekkies" had taken up the hotel rooms. Eisen(the host) also asked, if the Jets player was maulled by trekkies. Anyways, I just thought it was interesting.
Hey! I resent you calling them collectively "trekkies"! That's like calling jocks a bunch of "brainiacs."

:p

Dark Jezter

First Post
As someone else stated in another thread, this "us versus them" anti-jock mentality many geeks have makes me hope that those who participate really did get beat up by jocks when they were younger.

Remove ads