[GenCon] "(more) Road Construction News!" (Scouting and Info Within)

Brown Jenkin

First Post
More road construction news. The Interstates are back open again as they reported they would be. They said however that it might take three days to take down all the detour signs. So if you are driving in today through Wednesday go ahead and ignore any detours signs you see, The Roads Are Open.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Does anyone have anything they want to add to this thread before I ask for it to be locked and archived (so we can dig up the great links for next year)? :)

William Ronald

Explorer
Mark,

You might want to leave it open in case the drive back from Indy was bad for some people. Then we can analyze what the problems were and suggest alternate routes.

Dextra

Social Justice Wizard
we left via I-69, no problems- barely noticeable slowdowns- we were actually forced to drive at only 5mph faster than the speed limit once, but that was the only slowing.

The only bad part we hit was I-80 from Gary to south side of Chicago. For some reason, it was a parking lot. It took and hour and half longer to get home than it did to drive to Indy. Grrrrr.

Indy itself had some severe signage problems. Driving *back* to GenCon after the post-GenCon gathering, it was not clear how to get back to downtown via I-70 (westbound).

I figured all the signs are not in place (since the Hyperfix just finished) and it wasn't too bad--just drive toward the tall buildings. Still, it was kind of silly not to see a single sign for the RCA dome. Guess those signs don't matter 'til football season. ;)

Mark - thanks for all the information-gathering (natural 20 on the roll!) you put in this thread. Sorry you had to miss all the fun. I was looking forward to driving down with you--maybe next year. :)

CaptainCalico

Community Supporter
We got turned around a bit coming into town - no problems getting out.

Thanks so much for this thread Mark - hope to see you in Indy next year!

Remove ads