• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

General DCC RPG thread

overgeeked

B/X Known World
My “next up” list is long and getting longer. Damn you Goodman Games. I really cannot wait for the Purple Planet hardback reprint. Missed that the first time around and it’s crazy expensive to pick up second hand now.

I absolutely love the carousing and laying-low rules from Lankhmar. It’s great to start with some trouble.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I don’t get the appeal of the chained coffin. I must admit I haven’t looked closely at it.
I think Fantasy Appalachia either completely grabs people or completely leaves them cold. Given that they've had to Kickstart print runs of it twice now, and continue to put out new stuff in the setting, I'd say it's something people run either hot or cold on.

If you haven't read the Silver John stories, that'd be an easy way to dip your toe into that kind of fantasy.

Weiley31

Legend
Hmmm, looking at Mutant Crawl Classics, here I am jacking the Shaman from it now. (I mean, Goodman Games does say DCC and MCC are compatible with each other).

Although, I like the mental image of a Shaman calling down an Orbital Laser Strike on a massive demonic being trying to kill the party.

Also: does anybody know if the Chained Coffin Hardcover book will comeback in stock on Goodman or what not?

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Also: does anybody know if the Chained Coffin Hardcover book will comeback in stock on Goodman or what not?
I predict it'll show up in a Kickstarter campaign in the next 12 to 18 months. That's their system for all of their books that go out of print regularly, like Dungeon Alphabet. If we're lucky, it'll follow the Dungeon Alphabet model and be at least a modestly expanded version as well. (They add a new signature or two to each Alphabet reprinting, and add more tables and art each time.)

Weiley31

Legend
I predict it'll show up in a Kickstarter campaign in the next 12 to 18 months. That's their system for all of their books that go out of print regularly, like Dungeon Alphabet. If we're lucky, it'll follow the Dungeon Alphabet model and be at least a modestly expanded version as well. (They add a new signature or two to each Alphabet reprinting, and add more tables and art each time.)
Ah. Not my first choice for such a route since Kickstarter takes forever once they get through and what not.

I think Fantasy Appalachia either completely grabs people or completely leaves them cold. Given that they've had to Kickstart print runs of it twice now, and continue to put out new stuff in the setting, I'd say it's something people run either hot or cold on.

If you haven't read the Silver John stories, that'd be an easy way to dip your toe into that kind of fantasy.

Agreed, Manly Wade Wellman's Silver John are exceptional books, and well worth reading. Who Fears the Devil? (or another short story collection of his) is probably where I'd recommend starting.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads