• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

General Discussion

Qik

First Post
Question: is there a standard cost for healing at a temple? A quick perusal of the SRD and the paizo boards has led to no success.

Satin Knights

First Post
I have always gone with the standard from the Goods and Services table. Caster Level * Spell Level * 10 gp. And for those who are lazy and just want to take the average, rather than rolling it out, it comes out to 1 HP = 2 gp, then round up to the next 10's when using Cure Light Wounds spells. Need 43 HP, costs 90 gp.

Qik

First Post
Another question (just one of those days, it seems): in the description for the Master Summoner, it says that "a master summoner’s class level is halved (minimum 1) for the purposes of determining his eidolon’s abilities, Hit Dice, evolution pool, and so on." Does this mean that the MS's eidolon is doesn't reach level 2 until the summoner is at level 4? Seems a bit steep to me; I'd have guessed it would leveling every other level (1,3,5,etc), but RAW seems to suggest it's 1 for the first three levels, then levels every even level.

Satin Knights

First Post
Yep. Lu is stuck at first until Ni reaches fourth. You get upgraded SLAs on the odd levels, and upgraded eidolon on the even ones, except 2nd where you get effectively two free feats. At least Lu can be reconfigured at each level since you can change the evolutions of the eidolon any time the summoner levels. Even so, the Master Summoner is the most powerful of the Summoner archetypes. The free Augment Summoning and having Lu out while casting SLAs is very powerful. And in LPF, he is getting HPs like a character at MAX-2 instead of 1/2, so he should survive well, for an immortal. :p
The archetype is strong enough to handle the multiclassing dip I mentioned before. Feat choice will be crucial, but Ni will always be awesome.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Question: is there a standard cost for healing at a temple? A quick perusal of the SRD and the paizo boards has led to no success.

Sorry, didn't mean to cause you extra trouble. The standard spellcasting rate was what I was obliquely referring to when Fury asked for healing.

Another question (just one of those days, it seems): in the description for the Master Summoner, it says that "a master summoner’s class level is halved (minimum 1) for the purposes of determining his eidolon’s abilities, Hit Dice, evolution pool, and so on." Does this mean that the MS's eidolon is doesn't reach level 2 until the summoner is at level 4? Seems a bit steep to me; I'd have guessed it would leveling every other level (1,3,5,etc), but RAW seems to suggest it's 1 for the first three levels, then levels every even level.

It only seems steep because the summoner is rounding up at first instead of down but I think that is exactly what it means.

Qik

First Post
Yep. Lu is stuck at first until Ni reaches fourth. You get upgraded SLAs on the odd levels, and upgraded eidolon on the even ones, except 2nd where you get effectively two free feats. At least Lu can be reconfigured at each level since you can change the evolutions of the eidolon any time the summoner levels. Even so, the Master Summoner is the most powerful of the Summoner archetypes. The free Augment Summoning and having Lu out while casting SLAs is very powerful. And in LPF, he is getting HPs like a character at MAX-2 instead of 1/2, so he should survive well, for an immortal. :p
The archetype is strong enough to handle the multiclassing dip I mentioned before. Feat choice will be crucial, but Ni will always be awesome.

It only seems steep because the summoner is rounding up at first instead of down but I think that is exactly what it means.

That puts it into perspective pretty well for me. I had sorta figured that was the case, but the tinkerer in me had kept hoping... It makes sense though that the master summoner wouldn't be leveling both the eidolon and the SLA at the same levels.

I'm definitely being tempted by your bard suggestion: it would give Ni a great alternative after he's summoned in round one, which is his biggest drawback right now (it's starting to feel like "summon, maybe a spell, then twiddle your thumbs"). Still, there's a part of me that likes the idea of going straight summoner with him. So we'll see. Thankfully I have a bit of time to decide.

Sorry, didn't mean to cause you extra trouble. The standard spellcasting rate was what I was obliquely referring to when Fury asked for healing.

No worries; it's one of those things I should probably know by now, but didn't. This is how I learn!

Qik

First Post
I do not believe they currently are, but you could always make a proposal for them. I've been thinking about doing the same for Dervish Dance.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads