Generation Legacy Issue #15

Aenion

First Post
Tokiwong said:
Anika

The central building is quiet the insurgents inside do their best to maintain some decorum of defense but it is obvious they are outmatched. The interior is dirty and smells of gunpowder and sweat.

Sami is also in flight at her side, “Are we going to save them before the UNJE wipes this camp off the map?”

Karen follows Anika inside, furious at the commander's unwillingness to consider a peaceful solution, "We have 5 minutes to evacuate them. Do any of you speak Arabic?"

Hammerhead

Explorer
"Bye Clover," Ryan waves as the aerodyne lifts off. "If you meet the Wizard, be sure to ask for an independent will." Wizard of Oz. A little dated, but it works. I'll take what I can get.

With that biting comment, Ryan flies off after Anika, arriving just in time to catch Sami's last comment. "Sure," he says off-handedly. "We're not going to let those soldiers kill any of them."

"Surrender or die, Ryan yells into the central building, focusing his energy on his arm as he prepares to fire a powerful blast inside.

Hammerhead

Explorer
Aenion said:
Karen follows Anika inside, furious at the commander's unwillingness to consider a peaceful solution, "We have 5 minutes to evacuate them. Do any of you speak Arabic?"

"Yeah, it might be faster if we spoke their language. We could always try the universal language of mathematics." Or other universal languages. These guys have guns. They might understand violence.

Agamon

Adventurer
Anika nods to Sami, "Yeah, I don't think killing them when their not really putting up a fight is pretty stupid."

"Does anyone here speak English? This complex is about to be destoryed by UN Forces. I suggest you surrender now," Anika says, following up Ryan's threat with something a little easier to swallow.

Mimic

First Post
Tokiwong said:
Back at the Institute

“Are they returning?” Mrs. Obana asks.

"He did not say, he did seem quite agitated though, perhaps I should try again with Anika." He once again gestures slightly, mentally contacting his ex-girlfriend repeating the message that he had sent to Mark.

Agamon

Adventurer
Aniak is surprised to hear Gilden in her mind. "The error was in talking to that woman. Paragon is trying to do the right thing, but someone higher up in the UN obviously wants a lot of people dead, Bishop included. So, no, I won't be returning him just so he can be executed.

"James got away from here before all the trouble. It sounds like he's teleporting around at random. That might be another elite doing that to hiim, or he just might be disoriented from his sickness. We don't know what he's infected with at this point and we need to find him. Clover bailed out on us, so if we're going to stop James from posibly infecting the whole world with this anti-baseline virus, we need your help."

Mimic

First Post
"Becarefull Anika, Bishop is a wanted terrorist and has commited multiple criminal acts. I do not doubt that he would use you any way that would benifit him. If you distrust the UN that much we can turn him over to another government body, but he should pay for his crimes." Gilden replies back mentally. "As for James, I will help you locate him, Jun Min will more then like want to help as well."

Tokiwong

First Post
Mimic said:
"He did not say, he did seem quite agitated though, perhaps I should try again with Anika." He once again gestures slightly, mentally contacting his ex-girlfriend repeating the message that he had sent to Mark.
Mrs. Obana replies, “It looks like we have ourselves an impasse, the mission is scrubbed and James is lost. Not to mention the fact that Bishop has simply disappeared, I think we can take this as a sign of noncompliance.”

Jun Min furrows her brow, “Legacy is doing the right thing, it just may not be the right thing you want them to do. But then again I really don’t care what you want.”

Mrs. Obana reaches for her head and then collapses into her chair. Jun Min frowns, “I shouldn’t have done that, Gilden stay in contact with Legacy. SARAH contact Gadget, I am going to need her help, I guess I might as well do something good before I get fired.”

Gadget’s voice replies, “Sure thing JM, one superb hack coming up.”

Clover

Clover’s Father removes his helmet as the compound dissipates in the distance, the bay doors closing. His face is grim, hardened by years of field duty and special operations, although his skin and eyes look genuine Clover knows that her father is a synthetically enhanced soldier, just like the rest of his team. He speaks calmly though firmly, “The UNJE was correct in believing that Legacy was compromised along with Paragon and probably much of that Institute. But I am surprised that you would involve yourself with this foolishness, you could have gotten yourself killed and you endangered countless lives.”

“Sir, what about Paragon shouldn’t we have tried to stop him and Legacy?” his second in command asks.

“No, the UNJE won’t risk outright warfare. Not yet, we need to make sure that elites that are loyal to humanity,” he turns his gaze back to Clover, “understand the stakes. Loyalty, Selfless Service, and Dedication to protecting the freedoms we all hold dear are paramount and are under attack by rogue elite elements.”

“What about Legacy, simply leaving them there, we could have eliminated them easily,” his second in command replies.

Easily must be a relative term to you Captain,” Commander Hughes responds.

“But you gave them five minutes to vacate the area, you are letting them go?”

“I know, too bad the orbital strike is in three minutes,” he replies coldly.

Cassie

Cassie bounds away from the structure into the rocky landscape, away from the structure that is quickly going dark as the UNJE retreats from the location. There is an eerie silence, but nothing of notice.

Legacy

Although the actual words seem lost on them, the actions of the elites make them understand that if they resist death is probably imminent. They throw down their weapons in fear at the virtual gods before them.

Sami responds, “What will we do with them? Take them with us? And then what about the UNJE, they don’t seem so nice anymore…”

Agamon

Adventurer
Mimic said:
"Becarefull Anika, Bishop is a wanted terrorist and has commited multiple criminal acts. I do not doubt that he would use you any way that would benifit him. If you distrust the UN that much we can turn him over to another government body, but he should pay for his crimes." Gilden replies back mentally. "As for James, I will help you locate him, Jun Min will more then like want to help as well."

"Give me a little credit, Gilden. I wasn't born yesterday," Anika replies. "But honestly, since he's come to the institute, I haven't seen any proof of the monster the media and the UN have made him out to be. Has he done bad things? Yes, and he needs to answer for them. But since he's turned his back on Pantheon, he's done nothing bad, and I don't expect that to change. But I'll still keep my eye on him, nonetheless.

"I've got a number of baseline Pantheon members that will be incinerated by UN forces in less htan 5 minutes. If they are willing to surrender, I'll 'port them to the institute. Where does Obana want them? Tell her I need an answer fast, or it'll be her office."

Hammerhead

Explorer
"You see," Ryan explains with a satisfied smile as he flies forward into the Pantheon base. "As long as you sound scary enough, it doesn't matter if they speak English."

Ryan gestures with his thumb at the insurgents, motioning for them to leave the base. Anika's gone all trancy. I hope she's making a portal. If the UN is going to bomb this place in five minutes, I want to be out of here in four. He looks down the shaft that leads deeper into the structure. "Damn it," he calls out loudly to the rest of the team. "We need to rush in there, see if there's any other prisoners or other drugs they may have zapped James with, interrogate who's left about the teleport-redirecting guy, and get the hell out of there."

Remove ads