Generation Legacy Issue #9 "Innocence Lost" - Part 3

Shalimar

First Post
Tokiwong said:
Nightchild races quickly through the street, “Not to burst your bubble Kelly, but Teen Justice is tougher then we look. Even me, this whole costume is a custom Kevlar-titanium weave; Dr. Midnight had it crafted it for me. Maybe we would have gotten hurt but I just have to think there was a way around it.”
"I didn't really mean you, Kiyana was all watery, lightning and water don't really mix, Yoshi and Mark are just fast, if you can actually hit them, they are just like normal humans, same with Anika and James. I know exactly what my powers can do to people, My lightning is every bit as strong as normal lightning, I don't know what Kevlar can do when your insides get microwaved, and your retinas are burned out, and titanium is metal. I...I...trust me I know what I can do, and its not very nice. A 40 foot wide lightning bolt is nothing to sneeze at" Kelly says as she dismounts Charlie's bike, a touch defensively.

"I don't know if there was a way around it or not, I just don't know." she shakes her head. "Sticking together is good." Kelly says, climbing into the elevator as well. "So whats Doctor midnight like? I mean, your sorta like Batman and Robin aren't you?"

Tokiwong

First Post
Shalimar said:
"I didn't really mean you, Kiyana was all watery, lightning and water don't really mix, Yoshi and Mark are just fast, if you can actually hit them, they are just like normal humans, same with Anika and James. I know exactly what my powers can do to people, My lightning is every bit as strong as normal lightning, I don't know what Kevlar can do when your insides get microwaved, and your retinas are burned out, and titanium is metal. I...I...trust me I know what I can do, and its not very nice. A 40 foot wide lightning bolt is nothing to sneeze at" Kelly says as she dismounts Charlie's bike, a touch defensively.

"My team can handle it, and I am sure you are dangerous, we are too," Nightchild replies back.

Shalimar said:
"I don't know if there was a way around it or not, I just don't know." she shakes her head. "Sticking together is good." Kelly says, climbing into the elevator as well. "So whats Doctor midnight like? I mean, your sorta like Batman and Robin aren't you?"

"There is always a way around it..." he says calmly.

When Kelly mentions Batman and Robin, "Who?"

Shalimar

First Post
"I don't think there always is, trust me on that. Sometimes you really don't have any choice at all, not if you still want to be you anyway. I... I don't know what you would call it, but this terrorist, Nuero his body was dead, he was killed by another terrorist, but his mind, it invaded mine, it was going to totally take me over and erase my mind so he could survive, and I'd be the one who was dead instead of him. He was too strong for me, it was stop him permanently by getting him out of my head, killing him, or letting him kill me. I didn't have a choice. I don't think that what happened with Ryan was exactly the same, but he did what he did to save me and to stop the bad guy as quickly as possible so the bomb would be stopped. It could haven't turned out different Nightchild." Kelly says, a tear streaming down her cheek.

"Why do there have to be bad guys that make us need to do anything at all, let alone really hurting or even killing them?" she asks rhetorically, more tears coming down her face.

Tokiwong

First Post
Nightchild stays silent for a moment and then speaks, "I don't believe that. I can't beleive that," he says calmly walking into the main area of the tower, where they both can hear the rest of the teens talking.

Agamon

Adventurer
Tokiwong said:
Cantrip nods listening, “Thor… he is one of the more active deities in this dimension, of course no we have Magni as well.”

He watches Anika cry and places a hand on her shoulder, “That power though is yours alone, and it is you that gives it focus. But that does not mean you must forsake your faith, those people that laughed at you, I pity them. They laugh at what they don’t understand.”

“I cannot claim to know what it is that fuels your powers,” Cantrip sighs, “I wish I was better at this comforting of others. I do not know what to say other then, your powers, and your very nature are beautiful, and you should accept them as such. Despite the source…”

"I don't know, maybe," she sniffles, shrugging and wiping her eyes again.

She looks up at him with a crooked smile. "You've been really kind to me and I just want to thank you." She looks around at the pocket dimension. "I'm guessing you don't invite just anyone here. But I'm glad you showed it to me, it's beautiful. I might have to try and make one of these for myself," she says. Her smile fades a bit though at the next thought as she rises to her feet. "But I guess we should probably go back, I could use something to eat."

Tokiwong

First Post
Agamon said:
"I don't know, maybe," she sniffles, shrugging and wiping her eyes again.

Cantrip gives her a small smile.

Agamon said:
She looks up at him with a crooked smile. "You've been really kind to me and I just want to thank you." She looks around at the pocket dimension. "I'm guessing you don't invite just anyone here. But I'm glad you showed it to me, it's beautiful. I might have to try and make one of these for myself," she says. Her smile fades a bit though at the next thought as she rises to her feet. "But I guess we should probably go back, I could use something to eat."

He gestures and opens a portal back to the "real world" and smiles. The portal opens into the kitchen of Teen Justice Tower... just as Nightchild arrives and Yoshi finishes his tirade.

Agamon

Adventurer
Anika sighs. "On second thought, maybe I'll just stay here, if you don't mind," she thinks sarcastically, her mood turning sour at the thought of having to return.

She steps through the portal and, seeing the food, walks over and helps herself to a waffle. She wordlessly makes her way from there to the table to eat, trying to avoid eye contact with everyone, knowing she still had red eyes and streaked face from crying.

Hammerhead

Explorer
"Just for the record, I have never actually hit Yoshi, despite the deepest callings of my heart," Ryan says, holding up a finger. "And thanks Yoshi, I guess, but it's not like I'm going to be that hard to find. It's also not like I did anything illegal either; I followed the rules of engagement practiced by all of the UNJE, and as a civilian such actions are clearly cases of self-defense." In the real world, I'd be called a hero for stopping a nerve gas bomb from going off in the middle of San Diego. Why the hell should I be sorry for doing my best to protect an entire city?

"Good morning Anika," Ryan says as she enters the kitchen. "Hey Kelly," he says barely turning his head to acknowledge her prescence. Anika doesn't look too good. I had hoped she'd be better after a night of sleep...but she isn't. This whole stupid 'Thor' thing wasn't too good for her. I wonder if that bastard Cantrip...no, then she'd be angry, not sad. The two of us get mad at other people and inflict sadness upon ourselves.

"You okay?" he asks, concern filling his voice. Maybe she needs a problem to work through. On second thought, maybe I should keep my suspicions about Red Witch to myself until we have time to act on it.

Aenion

First Post
No ... I'm not worse than Ryan, I'm not even close to being like him. At least I care that I've killed those men, Karen thinks when Ryan asks her about Red Witch, she wipes the tears of her face as she answers, "Y-you don't even care th-that you killed Ch-Chimera do you Ryan? You ... you're wanted by the police for m-murder and y-you try to change the subject to Red Witch? Red Witch is t-the least of your worries right now. If y-you really think you did ... didn't do anything wrong, you sh-should explain it to the police and th-they'll let you go i-if they are satisfied," she continues in her thoughts, But maybe inside of you, you know better than what you say.

She greets Anika and Kelly as they enter, looking worried at Anika,"M-morning Anika, morning Kelly." Oh my, meeting Thor must have really left a mark on Anika, or maybe it's because of Ryan...

Last edited:

Agamon

Adventurer
Hammerhead said:
"You okay?" he asks, concern filling his voice. Maybe she needs a problem to work through. On second thought, maybe I should keep my suspicions about Red Witch to myself until we have time to act on it.

"Oh, you mean you actually care this morning?" Anika says gruffly. "Glad to see I'm not too far down on your list of things to do." She continues to concentrate on her waffle, trying to hold herself together.

Remove ads