• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Generation Legacy Issue #9 "Innocence Lost" - Part 3

Tokiwong

First Post
Aenion said:
No ... I'm not worse than Ryan, I'm not even close to being like him. At least I care that I've killed those men, Karen thinks when Ryan asks her about Red Witch, she wipes the tears of her face as she answers, "Y-you don't even care th-that you killed Ch-Chimera do you Ryan? You ... you're wanted by the police for m-murder and y-you try to change the subject to Red Witch? Red Witch is t-the least of your worries right now. If y-you really think you did ... didn't do anything wrong, you sh-should explain it to the police and th-they'll let you go i-if they are satisfied," she continues in her thoughts, But maybe inside of you, you know better than what you say.

Kal comforts Karen, not sure what to say to defuse the situation.

Aenion said:
She greets Anika and Kelly as they enter, looking worried at Anika,"M-morning Anika, morning Kelly." Oh my, meeting Thor must have really left a mark on Anika, or maybe it's because of Ryan...

Nightchild listens and sighs, “We all need to relax, I know I flew off the handle yesterday, but we can’t point fingers at who is right or wrong, and the situation is more complicated then that. It happened, and now we deal with the fallout, plain and simple. I don’t care to hear rationalizations or examples of what could have happened, that does not do anything for anyone. Ryan I wanted to apologize for yesterday, you did the right thing as far as how Legacy I guess is trained to handle these situations. But from now on let’s try and play by our rules… just until we get a handle on what we need to do to keep the cops off our backs…”

Danger Girl quips, “Wow we sound more like criminals then heroes.”

Nightchild closes his eyes, “We don’t need this Danger Girl; we need to stick together.”

Jimmy finally speaks, “That is the first thing I can agree with all morning. I really don’t care what hang ups you all have but we got bigger things on our plate; like the Overseer, protecting Olympic City, and trying to get home.”

Jimmy turns to Ryan, “To answer your question, I don’t know what happened to Red Witch, Cassie broke her staff in two; and then I heard her scream, there was an explosion, and then we ended up here… she could be alive or dead. She could be in this world, or the prior one. In the end we don’t know where she is, or if she even survived.”

Cantrip slinks off to the corner, and grabs a small bowl of warm cereal and stays silent. Pulling his hood back up and trying to stay out of the conversation. Velocity Girl looks around, “Hey where is Aris? I have not seen her all morning, is she in her room?”

Gadget shakes her head, “No she has been out all night, that isn’t like her. Ryan do you know where she went?”

Samnell

Explorer
Agamon said:
"Oh, you mean you actually care this morning?" Anika says gruffly. "Glad to see I'm not too far down on your list of things to do." She continues to concentrate on her waffle, trying to hold herself together.
Wow. Everyone's pissed off this morning. Mark keeps his head down and stays out of this one.

Shalimar

First Post
"Hi guys," Kelly says as she walks in on the tail end of a tirade. Once Charlie finishes talking about what they need to do as a group, that they need to stick together, Kelly nods, "We might be here for awhile though, look at how long it took Kal and Aris to get back,and that was just luck, they could have been sent anywhere by the Staff's explosion, I hope we get to go home that easily, err, relatively speaking." she adds the last part quickly thinking of how hurt everyone was.

Why does Karen have to be like this? Ryan can't be feeling great and all she does is rub his nose in it. In the grand scheme of things, this doesn't even rate a slap on the wrist, like Nightchild Said, it was how Legacy was trained, to deal with problems as expediently as possible. Its like she would let a guy who pulled an assault rifle do whatever he wanted just to avoid hurting him, thats crazy. By drawing a weapon on a police force, he knows what consequences could be, its his choice, you can't let him hurt people because your afraid to stop him because your afraid of hurting him.

"So, Mark, Nightchild, whats the plan?"

Aenion

First Post
After listening to Nightchild and Jimmy, Karen opens her mouth to say something but decides it probably would be best not to do so, If I yell at Ryan now, I'm sure Anika will only feel worse. I can't believe he can just write it off just like that, like it's not a big deal at all, her shoulders sag and she wraps her arms around herself, "I'll b-be outside, I n-need some air," her eyes look a bit more dull than usual as she walks outside looking for a quiet place to sit and think.

Last edited:

Aenion said:
After listening to Nightchild and Jimmy, Karen opens her mouth to say something but decides it probably would be best not to do so, If I yell at Ryan now, I'm sure Anika will only feel worse. I can't believe he can just write it off just like that, like it's not a big deal at all, her shoulders sag and she wraps her arms around herself, "I'll b-be outside, I n-need some air," her eyes look a bit more dull than usual as she walks outside looking for a quiet place to sit and think.
Cassie looks up as she cuts up her eggs and starts herding them around her plate with a piece of toast, she smiles and waves to Karen. "Kind of hard listening to all the bickering yes?" she says quietly as she motions her to join her. "I needed some 'time out' time as well."

Tokiwong

First Post
KaintheSeeker said:
Cassie looks up as she cuts up her eggs and starts herding them around her plate with a piece of toast, she smiles and waves to Karen. "Kind of hard listening to all the bickering yes?" she says quietly as she motions her to join her. "I needed some 'time out' time as well."
Yoshi smirks, "Besides I am great company," he says between mouthfuls of eggs and bacon. He goes back to eating, "So I was thinking you know if we are stuck here for awhile, we may need to like get codenames like the rest of them losers, you guys got any ideas?"

Hammerhead

Explorer
Ryan looks back at Anika, showing a moment of pain, but says nothing.

"No, I don't know where Aris went. When I went out into the rain, to get away from everyone's silent glares, she followed me. We talked for a little bit; she told me what it was like, back...where she was from." I don't think that place is home for her, anymore.

"At that point, she began to..." Ryan looks at Anika, clearly embarassed. "She began to come on to me, and she tried to kiss me. I didn't let her, and she seemed really hurt and flew away. I flew after her, but she turned invisible and disappeared."

Ryan clears his throat. He knew he would probably sound paranoid, but it needed to be said. "I've met Aris, and I like her. Her new 'attraction' towards me seems unusual, for one thing. She's been acting very strangely. I know a near-death experience might change your behavior, but I'm sure she's been in quite a few before. I also know that me healing her might have created some affection for me; however, she's also a healer, and I doubt that. "

"I think the Red Witch may have influenced Aris with some form of mind control, or, more likely, possessed her, similar to the spells that Anika uses. It's just a stupid guess, and you guys might know her better than I do, but it's a possibility. I mean, why would Red Witch be left behind?"

Aenion

First Post
"I th-think I, I'm part to blame for th-the bickering," Karen sighs, "I just d-don't understand it," she shakes her head, "You're p-probably right I needed a timeout."

She returns Yoshi's smirk, "I d-don't think they are losers, the nicknames s-seem a little silly, b-but I like th-the idea. Wh-when I arrived at th-the school I wanted to use the name Ruby instead of my real name, because I d-don't even look like who I u-used to be... she looks wistful for a moment.

Aenion said:
"I th-think I, I'm part to blame for th-the bickering," Karen sighs, "I just d-don't understand it," she shakes her head, "You're p-probably right I needed a timeout."

She returns Yoshi's smirk, "I d-don't think they are losers, the nicknames s-seem a little silly, b-but I like th-the idea. Wh-when I arrived at th-the school I wanted to use the name Ruby instead of my real name, because I d-don't even look like who I u-used to be... she looks wistful for a moment.
"Yoshi," Cassie says with a bit steel in her quiet voice. "I thought we talked about this last night, and you did promise to try and think about what is said before saying it." sighing as she leans back "Join us please Karen." she motions to the other side of the table. "Can't be all your fault, it would be like saying that my intended purpose as a weapon was the cause. It's just not so."

Smiles at her comment. "I think Ruby is a nice name..and it could be quite.. appropiate for this world..but I like Karen better..she's my freind." winks a bit awkwardly, and with that, it becomes a bit clearer that Cassie doesn't quite understand the rules of social interaction yet, which explains her normally alloof manner of speaking.

Tokiwong

First Post
KaintheSeeker said:
"Yoshi," Cassie says with a bit steel in her quiet voice. "I thought we talked about this last night, and you did promise to try and think about what is said before saying it." sighing as she leans back "Join us please Karen." she motions to the other side of the table. "Can't be all your fault, it would be like saying that my intended purpose as a weapon was the cause. It's just not so."

Yoshi grins, “Hey I apologize, I meant really cool guys who I want to be my best friends… not losers. Sometimes I get that confused.”

Kaintheseeker said:
Smiles at her comment. "I think Ruby is a nice name..and it could be quite.. appropiate for this world..but I like Karen better..she's my freind." winks a bit awkwardly, and with that, it becomes a bit clearer that Cassie doesn't quite understand the rules of social interaction yet, which explains her normally alloof manner of speaking.

“Yeah Ruby is kind of lame… I like Karen myself, besides Yoshi is a kick ass name as is; I don’t need anything else. The boys used to call me Ace, but eh, I don’t like that crappy name anymore. If I had to take a nickname though… hmm… Tatsumaki which means tornado in Japanese… simple and to the point. But still I think Yoshi should still suffice,” he stands and poses, “oh yeah I got an awesome idea too to expand my name recognition, I am going to be the first elite Japanese rapper… oh yeah, not only do I kick terrorist ass, but I throw down the phattest beats in the hizzy!”

Back inside...

Kal speaks up shaking his head, “Uhh no, I don’t think so, Aris just has a problem with falling for the wrong kind of guys. I don’t think she was controlled or possessed by Red Witch… I don’t believe that for one second. Maybe you are just being paranoid, I mean Anika likes you, it isn’t inconceivable for Aris to like you too.”

Remove ads