• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Generation Legacy Issue #9 "Innocence Lost" - Part 3

Aenion

First Post
Tokiwong said:
Karen & Cassie

"Oh cool Yoshi, wow, really?" he says sarcastically, "so no one cares that I am going to be an international superstar; I mean not only will I be on Legacy, but also a musical phenom... yeah I guess it isn't that cool, but sheesh."

Yoshi grins, "Of course Cassie you can be in my videos, you too Karen. I will let you all join in the fun... still tinking of a musical name... although I figure Yoshi should do just fine as well... going to need new threads too. Man I am going to be one sick MC..."

Yoshi replies to Karen, "Yeah she has fanboys, and as long as they stay that way I won't hve to break their collective faces."

"I-I care b-but I'm not very much into rap," Karen says apologetically, "It sounds v-very cool."

She frowns and a bit of a blush appears on her cheeks, "You w-would allow me t-to be in your videos? Th-thank you, b-but I don't know i-if that's a very good idea, a lot of p-people are scared of th-the way I look."

She smirks at Yoshi's 'smashing faces' comment.

Agamon

Adventurer
Anika rolls her eyes as Ryan shows off. She was pretty unimpressed by all the showy displays. "Golly gee, look what I can do."

"Why am I not surprised you're not fond of that idea, Ryan?" she says, pushing away her barely touched waffle. "After all, you're the great and powerful Ryan Praloski, why would you need any protecting? One cosmic-powered punch to Overseer's nose should do the trick."

She sighs. "Well, waiting sucks. Paragon said Aegis was going to fight Overseer, and we're here sitting on our asses. Maybe we should go find them."

Aenion said:
"I-I care b-but I'm not very much into rap," Karen says apologetically, "It sounds v-very cool."

She frowns and a bit of a blush appears on her cheeks, "You w-would allow me t-to be in your videos? Th-thank you, b-but I don't know i-if that's a very good idea, a lot of p-people are scared of th-the way I look."

Cassie smiles, Karen, you're not ugly. I think you are a uniquely pretty person. It's like some of the 20th century actresses I read about on the net. They weren't all physically pretty, some had an undefinifable quality about them.. Presense some folks call it.. when you're happy and confident.. you have that." smiles. "Besides, you rarely make a fool of yourself as easily as I do. Remember what the school year has been like for me.. "

Tokiwong

First Post
Aenion said:

"Man you are missing out, Velocity Girl and I were jamming last night... turns out she can't sleep cause of her powers... and I woke up in the middle of the night, so we listened to music, and jammed, it was fun," Yoshi replies.

Aenion said:

Yoshi listens and just shakes his head, “Karen, Karen you are an elite, you can do whatever you want. Why are you so nervous, who cares that you look different, you are an elite. You are apart of the strongest species on the planet. You have a gift, hell you are stronger then most construction vehicles, and tougher by many degrees.”

He moves to sit on the railing, “Dude, who terraformed Africa? Who is building the first Orbital in space? Just about everything we consider a luxury in our world was created or inspired by an elite; we can do anything, we have no limits but our peers. So knowing that, why do you act all nervous? Man, you are going to be rich, have whatever you want, and be loved for it. Baselines are old news man; elites are the way of the future. You are on the winning team Karen, so cheer up.”

Back in the Kitchen

Nightchild nods, “I am concerned, but this city still needs protectors and as much as I want to know what is going on with Aegis, we need to stay here. One thing at a time, Ryan what do you want to do, do you want to hide out here in the tower till things blow over… maybe… or try and reason with the authorities. Your choice.”

Aenion

First Post
KaintheSeeker said:
Cassie smiles, Karen, you're not ugly. I think you are a uniquely pretty person. It's like some of the 20th century actresses I read about on the net. They weren't all physically pretty, some had an undefinifable quality about them.. Presense some folks call it.. when you're happy and confident.. you have that." smiles. "Besides, you rarely make a fool of yourself as easily as I do. Remember what the school year has been like for me.. "

Karen looks down at the table to hide a blush, "Th-thank you, i-it just that p-people tend to freak out when they see me, th-they call me names, th-they insult me..." she sighs and shakes her head, "Y-you don't make a fool out of yourself n-nearly as much as you th-think you do."

"Y-you sound l-like Bishop," she smirks, "I'm still not sure if th-that's such a terrible th-thing as they say. B-before I came to the school I didn't r-really have many friends. I spent most of m-my time studying and h-helping my mom at home. Th-this stutter didn't m-make me very popular either, s-sometimes it g-gets better but it's n-never completely gone," she sighs again, "I didn't w-want to be rich, I-I just wanted to g-get a steady job, m-marry someone I loved and m-maybe have kids someday. It m-might sound boring but that's w-what I was looking forward too be-before this happened to me."

Last edited:

Aenion said:
Karen looks down at the table to hide a blush, "Th-thank you, i-it just that p-people tend to freak out when they see me, th-they call me names, th-they insult me..." she sighs and shakes her head, "Y-you don't make a fool out of yourself n-nearly as much as you th-think you do."

"Y-you sound l-like Bishop," she smirks, "I'm still not sure if th-that's such a terrible th-thing as they say. B-before I came to the school I didn't r-really have many friends. I spent most of m-my time studying and h-helping my mom at home. Th-this stutter didn't m-make me very popular either, s-sometimes it g-gets better but it's n-never completely gone," she sighs again, "I didn't w-want to be rich, I-I just wanted to g-get a steady job, m-marry someone I loved and m-maybe have kids someday. It m-might sound boring but that's w-what I was looking forward too be-before this happened to me."
Cassie walks up to her and puts a hand up to raise her chin up. "Why don't you stick to taht dream? Just because the outer you has changed doesn't mean that you are entirely without hope. All us elite's are unique, but I'm sure that one out there might hit it off with you or find a way to allow you to touch someone safely in the way you want." Sits by her. "I read that a person can acheive a lot with determination. I mean.. look at Teddy Roosevelt, he was a 20th century president, and almost everything he did went counter to what other folks expections of him were."

Aenion

First Post
Karen smiles up at Cassie, "Kal i-is everything I c-could dream off in a boyfriend, b-but I'm n-not sure if I'd be able to g-give him everything I-I'd want to give. H-he wasn't a-afraid to touch me w-when we first met, e-even Kelly st-still seems to be afraid to c-cut herself on me," her smile widens, "Y-you know for someone wh-who thinks she makes a f-fool out of herself y-you are very wise."

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Explorer
"Yeah, sure, whatever Anika," Ryan mutters as he grabs the gold ball and tosses it into the sink, allowing it to reform into water. "But I'm sure you could just ask Cassie that a punch to the nose isn't that effective against a determined opponent, compared to a hit in the solar plexus or throat." God, what is with her today? I actually tried to make her something with that gold, but excuse me. She seems determined to be in a bad mood or something.

"So yeah, you complain when we actually have to do our job, and then you complain when we aren't doing it. You're filled with nothing but contempt for the terrorists of our world: Bishop, Cardinal, Phase, the rest of the gang, but apparently filled with sympathy over some nerve-gassing, mind-controlling freak?"

"And quite frankly, if Paragon and pals didn't trust the Teen Titans to cover their backs, what makes you think they'll trust a group of total strangers? You think because we're professionals and get paid for our jobs? Because we have T-Shirts and action figures?" Ryan says, his voice rising. If nothing else, I should at least be able to find out what the hell is wrong with her when she starts yelling at me.

"Why the hell are you complaining to me? Is it because your conduct in the last two missions wasn't up to your own standards? Was it because you weren't able to beat Strength and I was? Because he seemed resistant to your spells?" And too flustered to fly out of reach when someone's beating on you.

Tokiwong

First Post
Hammerhead said:
"Yeah, sure, whatever Anika," Ryan mutters as he grabs the gold ball and tosses it into the sink, allowing it to reform into water. "But I'm sure you could just ask Cassie that a punch to the nose isn't that effective against a determined opponent, compared to a hit in the solar plexus or throat." God, what is with her today? I actually tried to make her something with that gold, but excuse me. She seems determined to be in a bad mood or something.

Velocity Girl interjects, "I thought it was pretty neat..."

Hammerhead said:
"So yeah, you complain when we actually have to do our job, and then you complain when we aren't doing it. You're filled with nothing but contempt for the terrorists of our world: Bishop, Cardinal, Phase, the rest of the gang, but apparently filled with sympathy over some nerve-gassing, mind-controlling freak?"

Nightchild grimaces, shaking his head.

Hammerhead said:
"And quite frankly, if Paragon and pals didn't trust the Teen Titans to cover their backs, what makes you think they'll trust a group of total strangers? You think because we're professionals and get paid for our jobs? Because we have T-Shirts and action figures?" Ryan says, his voice rising. If nothing else, I should at least be able to find out what the hell is wrong with her when she starts yelling at me.

"You better watch your mouth Ryan, Paragon has total faith in our abilities and we are needed to keep the city safe while they are away," Nightchild replies coldly.

Hammerhead said:
"Why the hell are you complaining to me? Is it because your conduct in the last two missions wasn't up to your own standards? Was it because you weren't able to beat Strength and I was? Because he seemed resistant to your spells?" And too flustered to fly out of reach when someone's beating on you.

Cantrip finally speaks, in his raspy whisper, "Your anger is sickening. I felt sympathy for your plight, but you seem intent on pushing away everyone that even tries to care for you... perhaps if you were more attentive you would see that Anika's faith has been shaken. But perhaps you only care about yourself..."

He rises and walks out.

Last edited:

Shalimar

First Post
"Why are you being so mean Ryan? We're all your friends, you shouldn't treat us like this just cause your in a bad mood about what happened, about what is happening." Kelly says, shaking her head. The blond girl goes over to anika and gives the older girl a hug. "You shouldn't treat us like this, you shouldn't treat Anika like this." she repeats herself.

"We are staying in Teen Justice's headquarters while we are here, can't you just be nice to them? I mean, if you can't be nice to your girlfriend can't you at least have the manner's to be nice to our hosts?" Kelly asks the angry Elite.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads