• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Generation Legacy the Next Generation of OOC

Shalimar

First Post
Hammerhead said:
Kelly wants to contact the institute now? After Miss MIA said that was a bad thing? :(

I feel sorry for that poor Canadian town; it's going to go straight to hell.

Huh? Wan't that always the plan? Get out of the US and then get back to the institute?

Aenion

First Post
Hammerhead said:
Kelly wants to contact the institute now? After Miss MIA said that was a bad thing? :(

I feel sorry for that poor Canadian town; it's going to go straight to hell.

That was the plan, get outside of DEA jurisdiction so the UNJE could extract us without (much of an) incident. Miss MIA even suggested something like that ;)

Hammerhead

Explorer
Shalimar said:
Huh? Wan't that always the plan? Get out of the US and then get back to the institute?

Getting back is a good thing, but the point of an unofficial mission is deniability. The institute can't really come and pick up the students without compromising the deniability. Contacting the UNJE is also bad.

KentArnold

First Post
Hammerhead said:
Getting back is a good thing, but the point of an unofficial mission is deniability. The institute can't really come and pick up the students without compromising the deniability. Contacting the UNJE is also bad.

Well, gee, what are they supposed to do, travel across the country until they reach a place where they can contact the UNJE safely? IE which would probably be outside of the United States, either going into Canada(unless that's where they are) or Mexico. Any other options would have them flying for hours, or in a boat.

Shalimar

First Post
KentArnold said:
Well, gee, what are they supposed to do, travel across the country until they reach a place where they can contact the UNJE safely? IE which would probably be outside of the United States, either going into Canada(unless that's where they are) or Mexico. Any other options would have them flying for hours, or in a boat.

We are already in Canada. That was the plan, get to Canada, and then contact the UNJE for pick up, we finished phase one.

Hammerhead

Explorer
I figured the plan was to get to Canada (making it more difficult for the law enforcement agencies currently corrupted by Neuro to find you) and secure independent means of transportation back to the Institute.

Unless James has had a miraculous recovery from the aptly-named wonderdrug (unlikely), any means of transportation is going to take hours. It's just going to take the UN longer to get a vehicle there, and then fly you back. Of course, I'm sure it doesn't help that none of the students, to my knowledge, is carrying a passport, but at least "Ryan" has whatever authority his UNJE affiliation can conjure.

Shalimar

First Post
Tokiwong said:
The UNJE won't be helping the teens to get home, well at least not officially :)

Isn't Canada a part of the UN? I figured that the UN has transports going from member countries to its HQ. Especially a strategically important one like Canada since Canada is bordering on a hostile superpower. Although you just know this is fiction since Canada is strategically important :D .

Tokiwong

First Post
Shalimar said:
Isn't Canada a part of the UN? I figured that the UN has transports going from member countries to its HQ. Especially a strategically important one like Canada since Canada is bordering on a hostile superpower. Although you just know this is fiction since Canada is strategically important :D .
It is but Paragon will not link himself in any way to the teens escaping the United States, all help will be under the radar.

Remove ads