• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Generation Legacy the Next Generation of OOC

KentArnold

First Post
I submit this comment with much sadness.

As of today, most of my gaming activity ends.

One of the tragedies is Legacy, the other is the Exalted game.

I've come to realize many things over this holiday season.

I won't go over them in length, but my ability to run a game as a GM has lost its spark.

So, I'm cutting out on every game save for two.

One I dearly enjoy.

The other I barely started in not too long ago.

I gamed with Hibiki(our resident GM) years ago, both as a player, and as a GM.

When I joined Legacy(and foolishly) Exalted, I had hopes his style had changed, that perhaps he was no longer the warmonger he used to be.

Sadly, I have been proven wrong.

I need to analyze where I lost that spark as a GM, and as such, I cannot play in games that will drag me down.

Legacy and Exalted are two such games.

Legacy had potential, looking back, but its failed to live up to it's own potential. There are many reasons. Problem players, cohesion between the players, a GM who fails to stick to a single core concept, players who became dissatisfied but didnt know how to fix things. That's just some of the few problems, there are others. I won't go into them, not even if you ask me. I'm putting this game behind me for good. Farewell Timbo. I may use the near suicidal boy in the future, but ... for now, he's going to be just another casualty.

Exalted could have been so much more, but it's become little more than one extended fight with a little social interaction in between. Any of you who play the game, see the comment I made about 'sipping a drink on the sidelines'. I meant it. He threw monsters and challenges at us that only the combat monsters could truly handle. You don't throw villains with impervious 10 up against a group of pl 5 characters. But, that's the kind of thing he did on one occassion. Farewell Alamar, you had so much potential for fun. But, for now, again, just another casualty.

Farewell, GMing. Whether it be for a month, two, or a year. That's perhaps one of the biggest casualties.

I need to regain my spark.

I reccomend that some of you take a look at yourselves and see if you've still got that spark.

Farewell.

Mimic

First Post
KentArnold said:
I submit this comment with much sadness.

*snip*

I reccomend that some of you take a look at yourselves and see if you've still got that spark.

Farewell.

Ok...

Did I miss something?

Last edited:

Shalimar

First Post
Umm...wow. I love Legacy, its gone on for 2+(or is it 3+?) years because it isn't all just combat, there is a ton of roleplaying and characterization going on in the game and thats what makes it great. I can totally see it as a comic book with the fighting just being a backdrop to the story of the characters. Not quite sure I understand the complaint, I understand the words of course but not the reasoning.

Good Luck on your future games if any.

Remove ads