D&D 2E Gestalt, the Half Elf, 2E, and You.

gamecat

Explorer
glass said:
I really like the idea, but I certainly think there might be balance issues. Maybe if we complete the homage-to-previous-editions and only have a specific list of allowed combinations, but even then.

What if the the third class had to be Warrior or Expert?

glass.
I had in mind only triple multiclasses that were legal in 2e.

Rhun

First Post
If I remember correctly, only demi-humans could multiclass in 1E/2E, and elves and half-elves could triple multiclass. You could allow this in 3.X, but a LA would be appropriate. Even in 1E/2E multiclass characters were lower level then their single class counterparts, as they had to split experience points equally between both/all three classes.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Rhun said:
If I remember correctly, only demi-humans could multiclass in 1E/2E, and elves and half-elves could triple multiclass. You could allow this in 3.X, but a LA would be appropriate. Even in 1E/2E multiclass characters were lower level then their single class counterparts, as they had to split experience points equally between both/all three classes.
Yup. And let's not forget the chewy goodness of the Fighter/Mage/Cleric, Bard/Cleric or (after the Bard's Handbook was released) Fighter/Bard. Wooooo!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases