D&D 4E Get WotC 4e's Online Character Builder to work or get a sub

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
The online tools do have some things that the offline one lacks from what I have heard ... nice database searching and other elements. The offline Character Builder that (I can help people get working if they want to contact me), is rather limited to just the Character Building functionality though putting in custom content takes some patience it is pretty rewarding.

i think they are on going subscribers to DDI with accounts and passwords still...

Right, and on the subject of browsers, MOST browsers have now demolished their NPAPI support, which pretty much means you aren't going to get Silverlight to work. I believe this is true of both Chrome and Firefox, though you can of course find older versions that will still work, if you disable updates.

Edge NEVER supported Silverlight, it doesn't do plugins, period. IE is your only real choice in 'mainline' supported browsers, and it will probably (I would assume) continue to offer support for things like Silverlight.

Note that you actually CAN get Silverlight, even the CB, to work on Linux (maybe MacOS too, not sure) if you use 'Pipelight', which required me to use an alternative RPM repo, etc. It was a slightly involved process, but mostly it 'just worked' (it also broke all the automatic updates of Wine pretty much permanently). Not sure if that is still something you can pull off or not, as my DDI lapsed a couple months back and I haven't tried to trick WotC into renewing it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases