• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Getting a Green dragon out of a lake of acid

Ao the Overkitty

First Post
The waterfall is outside of the cave. Unfortunately, the acidy water is very murky so we cannot actually see the dragon to target it with anything. We just know she is still down there.

Lets see if a little diagram works. The dragon is in the bottom of the cave pool.

Clean river--
H*I*L*L**{} waterfall
Cave pool---- polluted river

iceifur

Explorer
How do you get a Green dragon out of a lake of acid? Simple. Use Lime Away! Get it? Green dragons are green and limes are green and...ugh.

Anyway, can you see the dragon through the acidic water? If so, how many arrows do you have? Laws of dnd probability say that many arrows + d20 = eventual hit (and threaten critical) :D .

-B-

Impeesa

Explorer
Beaten to the punch. I was also going to suggest finding a bunch of limestone. Find some big chunks and you could significantly reduce the acidity of the pool, or even neutralize it. Best of all, you know it's neutralized when the limestone stops dissolving. ;)

--Impeesa--

MutantHamster0

First Post
How big is the entrance to the cave/ the river? If you could do something to seal off the entrance of it he would eventually suffocate and you wouldn't have to worry about fighting it. (I know Green Dragons can breather underwater but eventually it would use up all the oxygen in the cave. Besides, if it were sealed off he wouldn't be able to get out anyway.) Try an explosion, you're a fire elemental right? All you need now is a fuse and a charge. Sorry I suck at this, but I think it'd be a cool idea.

Edit: By explosion I meant to seal off the cave.

Last edited:

BASHMAN

Basic Action Games
Electrocute the MFer!

He is in water and won't come out? Blast it with lightning! If you cannot cast that spell, go find the local druid (hey you said you were miles from any town, there has to be a druid in this wilderness, right?) and tell him about this evil dragon that is polluting the water! Then have him cast call lightning on it (1 blast every round for # round = to his level, right?). Lightining will conduct electricity in there and burn him!

Asmo

First Post
Is Greens intelligent? Can they speak? ( I don´t have the MM here )
If so, I would suggest that you try to resolve this with Diplomacy.
The Wyrmling is badly hurt, afraid and weary of fighting monsters. Talk to the dragon and make him an offer ( that the Nixies accepts ): he will have to move to an another area where he can hunt,but if he stays here you will find a way to destroy him.
Even if he´s badly hurt there´s always a chance that he will kill one of you before going down, and that´s the thing we don´t want to happen.

Asmo

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
tarchon said:
Limestone would take care of the acid if it became necessary to.
This is the route I would go. Start dumping large amounts of limestone dust into the pool. This will neutralize the acid. Then boil the resulting liquid. Pretty soon that dragon will be well marinated, so tender that the meat falls off the bone.

Ao the Overkitty

First Post
Lots of good ideas.

The DM wasn't going along with the whole base thing last night.

Apparently Gilford (the closest town) is full of druids, from what I' told. Guedo seems to like the get a bigger druid idea.

Liolel

First Post
I think Thanee has the right idea. The dragon has to eat sometime. Unless their is going to be permenant damage to the river if it's not killed soon, starve it out. It would have a hard time escaping unoticed, as you can't swim up a waterfall, so its only two options are to swim down the river which should be easier to see it in then the pool, or fly out of the water leaving it open to range attacks.

About the base thing, I think that it didn't work, because it at least to me seemed to be getting to much into the realm of science and some dm's limit how much science work's and other's would just assume its out of the knowladge of your characters. Someone can correct me and tell me that its more basic then it seems, but I doubt it was well know science at the time period D&D is partly based on, and with magic in the world a lot less science would be studied.

Remove ads