• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Getting a Green dragon out of a lake of acid

Ao the Overkitty

First Post
Hmm.. interesting idea, kandor. I don't think we could afford it prot spells, though. Or the boat. The group collectively has 270gp. We are, after all, a bunch of monsters with first levels of classes.

And yeah. capsize bad. George may not have to breath the fumes, but he is immune to fire, not acid. He'd dissolve quickly.

George would be strong enough to pull that off, but i'm not sure if he is smart enough (even if he is smarter then your average fire elemental).

Last edited:

scholar

First Post
you're dealing with wrong information...
the group fund has the 270 gp...
individually there 's probably more, much more in a couple cases...

scholar

First Post
Thanee said:
Erm, and you don't think that the dragon might just capsize the boat from below? ;)
Besides, they would be exposed to the fumes the whole time.

Unless I was immune to acid, I would not want to be in such a boat! ;)

Bye
Thanee
oh yeah, and if it managed to capsize the boat... it'd be within striking range

jodyjohnson

Adventurer
A green dragon is Dragon (Air). Dragons must breath. They have the extraordinary ability to breath water. They are immune to acid.

Now make the jump to being able to breath acid instead of air or water.

Personally I'd either find someone else who can deal with an acid lake (unless it's an 'only PCs are useful' campaign) or just carry out guerilla warfare on the dragon until he gives up and leaves. It doesn't sound like you have any immediate options to solve the challenge.

Ao the Overkitty

First Post
scholar said:
you're dealing with wrong information...

I'm dealing the information I'm given. All I know is that the group has 270gp.

I know George has 20 very hot coins. I know Ivan has cookies. That's where my knowledge on this subject ends.

tarchon

First Post
Liolel said:
About the base thing, I think that it didn't work, because it at least to me seemed to be getting to much into the realm of science and some dm's limit how much science work's and other's would just assume its out of the knowladge of your characters. Someone can correct me and tell me that its more basic then it seems, but I doubt it was well know science at the time period D&D is partly based on, and with magic in the world a lot less science would be studied.
Alchemists advanced enough to have the concept of acids would know that they react with lime.

Kandor

First Post
Thanee,

They had said wrymling dragon. I assumed the danger of capsizing was minimal with a small or medium sized creature of moderate strength. Especially if the people actually hauling in the dragon would be on the shore.

AO,

There are plenty of natural materials that resist acid without having to buy spells. Some metals are immune and other material, such as stone or glass, is extremely resistant. They wouldn't dissolve in a day. Find one to protect the bottom of a raft. A stone boat would be nice if you had anyone able to cast stone shape, but that might be too high level for you. But even with only 270 gold pieces you can buy simple materials that are immune to acid.

As for falling in . . . no guts, no glory . . . :D

Remove ads