• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ghouls for 3.4 D&D that are not undead

Fhalyassa

First Post
I need some help in setting up my version of the ghoul which is not an undead. I have been think that have Deathwatch as an always active SLA. My ghouls are faster then humans. Ghouls are immune to all poisons and diseases, have 90-feet nightvision, can summon jackals, and jackals do not attack ghouls at all.

Physical Description: These vile creatures appear to be six to seven feet tall bipedal jackals. Their mangy fur is mottled ash-gray in color. Their face is skeletal. Their deeply shadowed sunken eyes are unearthly red orbs that burn like a miniature sun. Lining their large massive jaws are yellow teeth designed for tearing and crushing prey. Their long prehensile tongue is black in color and ends in a razor sharp claw. Their hands are wide and monstrous looking. A wicked barbed bony claw that is black in color comes out of each of their hand’s fingers and thumb. The upper half of both legs is powerfully built while the lower half of both legs is a bit thin.

Gfreak2x9

Explorer
I would first like to say that this sounds awesome, and hats off on your originality! This is a new idea that could really catch on! ;) This monster seems quite powerful and ALMOST akin to a were-wolf, or chupacabra with that being said I would set the CR a tad high. I play DND 3.5 and PF so forgive me if my DM skills are a tad off for you. I would give them a disease that was similar to Ghoul fever in the sense that you must pass a FORT save or be infected, but also similar to Lycanthropy in that once you contract it you are forever altered! I would also make them pack hunters, that lead by dominance like Gnolls. With such long arms I would also give a 5-foot reach to their natural attacks, and one NASTY bite! I'm glad I read this is was pretty sweet!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads