Gifts for the end of a Storyline or Campaign

Sadras

Legend
So I figure given our slow play rate I'm about several months or so from ending 1 campaign (Night's Dark Terror/Ebonbane mashup) and about a year and a bit from wrapping up a major storyline (ToD/SKT + MiBG/LoftCS) in another campaign. As we are gradually getting to the end, I find myself thinking more and more of getting something for the groups. Now I know many of you wrap up AP's and campaigns quite regularly so it is no big deal, but for our table this is quite a feat.

My ideas so far are
1. T-shirts for each player with portraits of the major characters/villains or iconic art of the module/AP; or
2. An index book for each player using 5e's Homebrewery, listing important characters, locations, items and trivia related to the modules/storyline/AP in similar fashion to SKT chapter 3: The Savage Frontier.

Have any of you done something or have wanted to do something similar over the years? If so please do share. :)

Last edited:

I've honestly never thought about doing something like that. But you bring up a good point, I probably want to kill their characters before they get that far, so I don't have to get them anything. :D

jasper

Rotten DM
I have did tshirts of the mad mage book. At the end of Season 4 Ravenloft I gave a set of dice to the person who had the best attendance.

Richards

Legend
I write up our campaign sessions in the Story Hour forum, so when our recent Wednesday evening campaign ended I printed them all out into a three-ring binder. I actually printed two copies, one for our house (which I'm using as bedtime stories for my nephew) and one for the other family who games with us. Now we can all look back at the adventures we had during that campaign whenever we want to.

Johnathan

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Maybe give them gift certificates to Hero Forge, so that they could make custom minis of their characters? It's my go-to gift for my players for all sorts of occasions.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
You could make them "real" health potions. I got one of these as a gift this year for christmas from one of my players. Next year, I'll be giving them out to all my players in my other groups...

aco175

Legend
I would like a story perhaps told be a bard of all the exploits that the party completed. Something that they can read in a few years and remember fondly. It would be best if one of the players did this and you could be part of the gift and not have one more thing to do. I guess it falls to whom keeps the best notes.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
For the SKT/ToD campaign, a Sword Coast Map t-shirt would be fitting.

My own Tiamat campaign ended in the green dragon's lair because IRL pulled me away (I was the DM.) Were I to create a commemorative t-shirt, the emotional climax was defeating Arauthator in his lair - so I would use the pic of him.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
I write up our campaign sessions in the Story Hour forum, so when our recent Wednesday evening campaign ended I printed them all out into a three-ring binder. I actually printed two copies, one for our house (which I'm using as bedtime stories for my nephew) and one for the other family who games with us. Now we can all look back at the adventures we had during that campaign whenever we want to.
+1

If I were planning it all out ahead of time, I would record the game sessions so I could get the events right. As unobtrusively as possible, of course.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases