D&D 5E Give me your craziest, most GONZO PC concepts!

BookBarbarian

Expert Long Rester
Most Gonzo Character ever in Role Playing Game?

He grew up in a village that looked like any other village. He came from a loving family that was't murdered by goblins, orcs, kobolds, dragons or anything. He still visits them regularly.

He worked relatively hard to become a modest adventurer: a fighter with no stats above 14. He hoped one day to settle down and start a family.

After a few adventures and even leveling up once, he took his savings and opened an inn. Married his childhood sweetheart. Had a son and a daughter. Adopted a dog and a cat.

His moderately used Longsword still sits above the mantle of his moderately sized inn.

His fellow villagers still can't believe the success of Dave the Fighter.

Redthistle

Explorer
Supporter

He grew up in a village that looked like any other village. He came from a loving family that was't murdered by goblins, orcs, kobolds, dragons or anything. He still visits them regularly.

He worked relatively hard to become a modest adventurer: a fighter with no stats above 14. He hoped one day to settle down and start a family.

After a few adventures and even leveling up once, he took his savings and opened an inn. Married his childhood sweetheart. Had a son and a daughter. Adopted a dog and a cat.

His moderately used Longsword still sits above the mantle of his moderately sized inn.

What the heck?!?

A PC that actually became a mature adult?

Granted, this is a fantasy game, but some things are just too strange to be true - :erm:

Geoarrge

Explorer
I don't know how gonzo this can be, using stuff more or less straight out of the book.

Elbergrund the Younger, Halfling Barbarian (Noble Background)

The prince of an obscure tribe from the distant north, prophesied to lead his people to a new homeland. Although he has made his best efforts to present himself as every bit a peer of the civilized nobility, it has been difficult to win respect, seeing that the only knowledge most people have of the tundra halflings is half-remembered bedtime stories (trade 50% effectiveness of Position of Privilege for one retainer from the alternate benefit). He takes insults poorly and anyone questioning his heritage is expected to listen to an elaborate and ceremonious presentation of his family history, featuring: a wolfskin painting of his grandfather's journey across the river to slay a polar bear ('pedigree papers'), a carved tooth of the same bear ('signet ring'), and a pouch containing his ancestors' teeth (trinket).

Or, imagine if Pippin Took dressed like Conan and thought he was Thorin Oakenshield.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Combine FLCL with the classic TV shows The Equalizer and Kung Fu, Ralph Macchio's Crossroads, "The Devil Went Down to Georgia", and the creator of Jeet Kune Do, and what do you get?

"Blues" Lee, wandering mystic martial arts master, devil-haunted musician, and righter of wrongs.

Gardens & Goblins

First Post
My current character, which will move aside for my Mastermind Heister, is a sky pirate steam-punk man-machine werewolf, who exists as a mechanised engine of death, powered by a mechnomagical furnace and who lives to loot, pillage and hurl blasts of flame at anyone, anything, anytime. He is currently a ghost animating his own metal/wood/bone/flesh body while he and the rest of the party find and convince a necromancer to re-unite their ghostly selves with their physically bodies.

His name is Pete the Pyrite.

[sblock] Warforged dragon fire sorcerer with the +1 str moved to charisma. Contracted lycanthropy during play. [/sblock]

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon

I roll to disbelieve

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using EN World mobile app

Shadow Adanza

First Post
I have a character that is a Blue Dragonborn sorcerer named Arqiroth Dumisa. His family is almost all sorcerers and so, starting at a young age, Arq was trained to be a sorcerer much like his family which he initially enjoyed. However, Arq's great-grandfather, in his extended age, has gone insane and claims that there is only a limited amount of magic that a single person can use before they go insane like he has. Arq, being young and impressionable and deeply loving his great-grandfather, took his words to heart and now despises using the magic that he was taught. In secret, he trains with a group of soldiers using a sword in hopes of altering his destiny. Satisfied with his progress and seeking to prove himself as a fighter (He's a true level 1 sorcerer right now but will cross-train in fighter), Arq set off to adventure the world.

The idea behind the character is he absolutely HATES using his magic and will very begrudgingly use even a cantrip, only using magic when he sees no other way around a scenario. So if he's forced to use magic to, say, kill an enemy, he then curses loudly and will angrily grumble about the now-deceased enemy being stupid for making him use magic and how there's only so much in the world and he had to WASTE some of it him, he may even kick the source of his frustration. I've found that the character is highly amusing so far.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
for the fans of the bizarre here... I know this is somewhat off topic, but I highly recommend the new "Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency" on Netflix. It's... inspirational :D

Remove ads