• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

GLEE #16: Home

GrayLinnorm

Explorer
Lost is a rerun this week, so hopefully I'll get more responses this time. Kurt gets the spotlight this time around, as he tries to match up his father and Finn's mother. And Kristin Chenowith returns as April Rhodes.

The playlist:

Kurt sings "A House Is Not a Home", originally performed by Dionne Warwick

Mr. Shu and Kristin Chenowith sing a mash-up of "One Less Bell to Answer", originally performed by The Fifth Dimension, and "A House Is Not a Home"

Shu and Cheno sing "Fire", originally performed by the Pointer Sisters

Cheno sings "Home", from The Wiz

Mercedes sings "Beautiful", originally performed by Christina Aguilera

Oddly enough, there doesn't seem to be anything by Rachel or Finn. I'm sure Cheno will do a great job on "Home", but can we please put a moratorium on episodes where one character does all the songs? When I heard they were doing more songs per episode, I was hoping it would mean more opportunities for EVERYBODY to sing. I'm glad Kurt is finally getting a solo though.

Tomorrow is Jenna Ushkowitz's birthday. Hopefully she'll get to do another number soon.

Wasgo

Explorer
Overall I liked the episode, but it still feels like they're stalling until the plotlines they've got ready for the end of the season. I think doing 25 episodes is a tough challenge with the latter 12 being written at the last minute.

Fast Learner

First Post
Most of the numbers were... ok. Talented, certainly, but they didn't move me or make me want to sing along or anything.

Until the final number, Beautiful, which of course was very powerful and wonderful, completely saving the episode. :)

wakedown

Explorer
You know I'm really wondering how they keep the series going into subsequent seasons.

I really expected a lot of the coupling (and subsequent ending of said coupling) to take multiple seasons to build up and resolve, or some of their relationships to at least stretch a couple episodes longer than they did.

Krug

Newshound
I think it's losing its edge, becoming a slightly less PG version of High School Musical. But I did enjoy this episode.

fba827

Adventurer
Most of the numbers were... ok. Talented, certainly, but they didn't move me or make me want to sing along or anything.

Until the final number, Beautiful, which of course was very powerful and wonderful, completely saving the episode. :)

agreed.

the overall tone this episode was more mellow without the high energy (though i am guessing that was a conscious decision given the themes of the episode).

But I have to say the mellowness led to my attention drifting since i was hoping for the usual high energy campy silliness.

it was alright over all though, some character development moments for Fin, Kurt, and Mercedes as individuals. And, I am happy to see that the entire episode wasn't devoted to certain characters who get all the focus all the time.

Remove ads