GLEE #91: The Quarterback

GrayLinnorm

Explorer
You may have noticed I haven't been doing threads about Glee for a while, because nobody bothered to respond to the last few.:] But I had to say something about this epsiode. As you may have heard, Corey Montieth died of a drug and alcohol overdose over the summer. This week's episode reveals the final fate of his character, Finn Hudson, who was a major part of the show. It will be hard to imagine the show without him (although they did a good job so far this season). I actually saw Corey and the rest of the cast perform live at the Radio City Music Hall during the first Glee concert tour.:.-( Expect several old cast members to come back (although oddly enough, not Quinn). Have a handkerchief ready for this one.

The playlist:

The glee club sings "Seasons of Love", originally performed in Rent.

Mercedes and the glee club sing "I'll Stand By You", originally performed by the Pretenders, and not coincidentally by Finn in "Ballad"

Sam and Artie sing "Fire and Rain", originally performed by James Taylor

Santana sings "If I Die Young", originally performed by The Band Perry

Puck sings "No Surrender", originally performed Bruce Springsteen

Rachel sings "Make You Feel My Love", originally performed by Bob Dylan, and also performed by my dad at my sister's wedding.

This is going to be the last episode of the month. I thought it was supposed to be for baseball, but next week they're going to waste its slot on (yuck) The X Factor.:] Note to Fox: no one cares about that stupid show. Cancel it!

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I haven't watched for a while either, but I was curious about this.

I was also curious about the Beatle's episodes, but forgot about them and didn't see them - may have to go back and find them On Demand, or somesuch.

Jamdin

Explorer
The only part of The Beatles' episodes that I didn't like was the Sgt. Pepper's number. I will be watching tonight's tribute to Finn.

No Quinn, no Britney - other than that, during the opening number, you could tell the older cast didn't want to be there (because of the event, not the tribute) and they looked physically disturbed through most of the show.

Remove ads