• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gleemax = Enworld

Ringan

Explorer
Rodrigo Istalindir said:
Heh. Stupid name, and yet another doomed attempt to 'get down' with what the kids R doing these days. They'd be far better off working within the confines of MySpace than trying to create another on-line hangout. Setting out to create 'cool' generally fails, especially when you're trying to deliberately recreate the spontaneous success someone else had.

ENWorld has nothing to PH3@r. I mean, fear.

Haha, QFT...it sounds like "Kleenex". :lol:

Mercule

Adventurer
Ringan said:
Haha, QFT...it sounds like "Kleenex". :lol:

Actually, it sounds like a stupidly cute name for an orgasm. Or, maybe that's what the Kleenex is for.

I know ENWorld doesn't have to fear the loss of my business so long as their competitors use such bad names. Seriously. How do I approach my gaming group and say, "Hey, I found this cool rules idea on 'Gleemax' today?" I couldn't do it with a straight face. Ergo, I won't even bother with the site.

Steel_Wind

Legend
The "new competition for us?" question is coming out of RPG.net and Boardgamegeek.com as well.

The reality is that all three websites, ENworld, RPG.Net and Boardgamegeek each have massive user bases and long traditions behind them.

If the focus of Gleemax is upon new customers (as the interviews with WotC spokemen appear to be saying) then the sustomer base here is not their target market. Nor is tht market the RPG,net or BGG user, either.

I use ENWorld, RPG.net and BGG. If there is a sudden fourth choice of any quality - I'll use it too. But it won't be to the exclusion of the other three sites I already have used for some time.

I doubt the vast majority of users are much different than I am in that regard. *shrug*

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Sounds like a bad Fifties sci-fi drug name from a story where everyone eventually takes Gleemax (For Maximum Happiness!) and become mindless automatons serving the greater good of society. And they were sending out brains, right? With bar codes? Where do I sign up again?

thedungeondelver

Adventurer
Mark CMG said:
Sounds like a bad Fifties sci-fi drug name from a story where everyone eventually takes Gleemax (For Maximum Happiness!) and become mindless automatons serving the greater good of society. And they were sending out brains, right? With bar codes? Where do I sign up again?

Quick, somebody get Fred Pohl on this, pronto. Or get an Oujia board and get Robert Heinlein on it.

"Suggested Reading:

STONED SPACE-WANDERERS by ROBERT A. HEINLEIN
THE GLEEMAX CONSORTIUM by FREDERICK POHL"

Mark CMG said:

Thanks. Now all I can picture in my head is that freak from the 'natural male enhancement' ads pimping 'Gleemax'. :eek:

Slife

First Post
Mark CMG said:
Friend computer hasn't cleared you for that information.

Ringan

Explorer
Mercule said:
Actually, it sounds like a stupidly cute name for an orgasm. Or, maybe that's what the Kleenex is for.

I know ENWorld doesn't have to fear the loss of my business so long as their competitors use such bad names. Seriously. How do I approach my gaming group and say, "Hey, I found this cool rules idea on 'Gleemax' today?" I couldn't do it with a straight face. Ergo, I won't even bother with the site.

Agreed...Gleemax does sound a bit too much like a "happy ending".

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads