Gloves of disguised motions - Help Please

Sledge

First Post
Lot's of good ideas here. I'm going to talk it over with the player and see if we can come up with something fair.
I'm hoping he'll find the skill bonus items appropriate. Otherwise I think it may have to be dropped completely.

Cheiromancer: Still Spell is a lot more powerful than just disguising somatic components as it lets you cast spell in very tight positions. I'm not sure a comparison here is really valid. Espescially as there is some debate about where a metamagic rod needs to be used during preparation or if it can be used on the fly.

Ferret

Explorer
Where does it say in Sleight of hand you can hide somatic? Is it in the DMG 'cos I can't see it in the 3.5 PHB...

Khaalis

Adventurer
It is not specifically stated but Sleight of Hand is the skill of prestidigitation, deceptive hand motions ,and manual manipulation to produce illusions. It is Not just Picking Pockets. If you prefer you can do as other sources did in 3.0 before Pick Pockets was expanded to include ALL slight of hand and use the Bluff skill.

iceifur

Explorer
Actually, in Dragon #319 (in the PH to Dark Sun section) they give Sleight of Hand the ability to be used to disguise somatic and verbal components, opposed by the observers' Spot checks. Granted, it's for "Athas-centric" campaigns, but there's always Rule 0...

--B--

Khaalis

Adventurer
iceifur said:
Actually, in Dragon #319 (in the PH to Dark Sun section) they give Sleight of Hand the ability to be used to disguise somatic and verbal components, opposed by the observers' Spot checks. Granted, it's for "Athas-centric" campaigns, but there's always Rule 0...

--B--

Thanks Iceifur. I knew I read it some official source but couldn't remember where. I much prefer the Slight of Hand rule to Bluff. You are trying to disguise hand motions not bluff someone.

Remove ads