GM Workshop

Nightcloak

First Post
Jodjod said:
Does anyone else feel bored with their WIP? I can't really tell whether it's because it is crap or it is just me not getting enough chance to use it/get feedback on it....but bleh. Just wanted to say that.

Silly question. What is WIP?

themind

Explorer
I know all about the Dragonlance adventures. The 3d sunken sity you speak of is Xak-Tsaroth.

I don't have any of the modules, but the Chronicles were the first Fantasy series i read and got me hooked.

You know, Soveriegn Press is rereleasing those original adventures in 3.5 format, although making it a Trilogy set just like the current Age of Mortals modules; Key of Destiny, Spectre of Sorrow, and Price of Courage.

Dragons of Autumn should detail all of the areas went through in the first 3 or 4 of the original modules, basically what was in the Dragons of Autumn Twilight book. It is slated for November, but chances are won't be.

I don't like to bash SP, i mean they do great work with Dragonlance, but they have had trouble with getting material out on time. Spectre of Sorrows was originally slated to come out in January, then April, and now May should be the definite release for it.

Back to topic. I'm tryign to see if i can find that map online.

Oh and Daesumnor, dont worry about interjecting. This thread is ment for anyone to use to get help on their campaigns.

Nightcloak

First Post
Jodjod said:
Does anyone else feel bored with their WIP? I can't really tell whether it's because it is crap or it is just me not getting enough chance to use it/get feedback on it....but bleh. Just wanted to say that.

I don't get bored, but I do get frustrated do to the lack of detail I want vs. the detail I have in writing. Like you, I want the world to be written up and fully alive. RL doesn't seem to accomidate a fulltime hobbie right now so I end up with a work in progress. That, in fact, is one reason I'm not DMing full time again to later this summer, so I can get things done and not be frustrated (well that and I just needed the time off).

Could it be this or are you actually bored with your WIP?

Captain NeMo

First Post
I'm not sure...I think I may test the waters by trying several different homebrew projects using different genres/methods/whatever to see what interests me most. Hopefully it will turn out for the best.

themind

Explorer
Nightcloak said:
Yep. That is it. I see it has the belcony at the bottom you. :)

I didn't know there was any dragonlance maps posted on the net. Your search-fu must be strong!

I am talented in ways of search-fu... naw actually someone over at th DL boards mentioned doing a google image search.

Apparently, someone in Europe made a site and posted a lot of DL maps on it.

Gurney Halleck

First Post
Awesome thread, and cheers to you tm.

Anywho, I was flipping through Complete Adventurer not long ago when i came upon the Dungeon Delver prestige class. The descriptive picture (Smiling Dwarf kneeling in front of a lock going through his lock-picking tools) inspired me to create an NPC (Perhaps, later, a PC i'll create myself) that would randomly show up around the PCs. I'll give you a description of what I've been thinking;

Hes a dwarf that has a gap-toothed smile that, while the stealthy guy is scouting through the dungeon, taps him on the shoulder and waves without saying a word, then proceeds to deactivate a trap that the PC would not even have noticed. His red hair and beard are particularly unkept compared to a usual dwarf. He only on occassion says words that are even discernable to the PCs. In addition, a ferret is always either scurrying alongside him or is on his shoulder. He carries a rather unusual weapon for a dwarf (Not decided yet), and wears no armor. When he begins to disarm a trap, he mumbles a strange rhyme to himself that the PCs cannot hear. Not long after he disarms the trap, he raises his arms in glee and runs off, never to be seen again until seemingly random times.

So, basically what I want is some thoughts on his levels, weapon, and, yes, even his and his ferret's name. If mentioned at all. I was thinking if he should be tied in with the plot at all, or if he should be shrouded in mystery. He will be a re-occurring character, no matter what campaign I play. Suggestions?

Mr_GrinReaper

First Post
wowza, alright- this reminds me of the idea me and BoD had a while ago, an insane gnome demigod, who was charged with opening the unopenable door, and he always sits there and picks the lock... Really cool, but if yer looking for an awesome rogue build you've come to the right place, I LOVE ROGUES, bards, and arcane casters!!!

i think rouge/dungeon delver would suit you well for a full trap disarmer.... You want to max out disarm device, and search, and listen, and probably spot, and don't forget hide/move silently, so he could sneak by the PC's. You should invest in boots of striding and springing to bring his speed up to par, and he should wield an elven weapon, howabout Elven thinblade, from complete warrior, expensive, but its a one-handed weapon that deals 1d8 damage with a 18-20 crit. and its elven.

You should get MW thieves tools, Expandable pole, grapple firing crossbow, longrreach tongs, MW longspoon thieves tools, and a type IV mechanical burglar. You should get him a rope, and whatever else you deem nececery. Those were just the basic thieves kit for thieves who like to stay alive...

Remove ads