GM Workshop

themind

Explorer
I would like to run my Outline for my campaign by you guys. This is basically most of the plot I have thought up til know.

Background:
[sblock]
For those who may not know yet, I have made it where Eberron used to be Toril. After a big war between Good and Evil; so big in fact, that the Gods got involved; Ao became disappointed in his children and decided things had gone too far. Especially since the Gods didn't listen when they were turned to mortals back at the Time of Troubles.

In Eberron, the heavens, world and Underdark were created from 3 Dragons, Siberys, Eberron, and Khyber. I had these 3 dragons be powerful dragons on Toril that gave up their lives to keep from having Toril destroyed utterly, And AO let them. Thus the world was born a new and the history of Eberron continued.[/sblock]

Previously:
[sblock]
Now, the PC's are very special. Even more special than normal. They are the remnants of the old Forgotten Realm deities. We started with 7 characters:

Raven-Human Female Wizard- Remnant of Mystra
Truban- Human Male Fighter-Remnant of Torm
Siddhartha- Human Female Rogue- Remnant of Tymora
Lynx- ELf Male Rogue- Remnant of Correlon Lorethian
Thorak- Dwarf Male Fighter- Remnant of Moradin
Kerry- Human Female Sorceror-Remnant of Selune
Jynx- Elf Male Fighter(Archer)-Remnant of Solonor Thelandira (Elven Pantheon)

In game terms, I gave each of them masterwork weapons of what their favored weapons were. They also got access to spells from a certain domain that was on the dieties list. Every 5 levels they would gain a new domain from the list and be able to use those powers.

Also after 5th level, they were able to cast Cleric spells as a Cleric of half their level, and 10th level, they are able to cast spells as of 3/4 their level. It will grow to full level by 20th.

So this means they are more powerful than normal.

I started them in the Forgotten Forge adventure in the back of the Eberron Campaign Setting, I then ran them through the Forge of Fury, which I Eberronized. By the end of that adventure, they met an old man who introduced himself as Klauth...wink, wink. He brought them to a place (Cynosure, FR plane) where they met Ao, who explained their existance and such. After that, I ran through the 3 Eberron modules, which ended a couple months ago with the PC's returning the Schema's and the Creation Pattern to House Cannith.[/sblock]

Outilne:
[sblock]
Part 1:
[sblock]

Now, The PC's have made a name for themselves. And things are going to become more interesting.

The PC's will be summoned by a member of the Twelve in Karrnath, where they will be asked to retrieve a large Dragonshard in the depths of Khyber. The Shard is to be used as part of an Eldritch Machine to save the Mournland.

The adventure will include the PC's coming across a group of Duergar who have been having people going missing, presumably by Mind Flayers. The trail leads to a Monastary where a group of Illithids are based and have plenty of Deurgar imprisoned. There the find out that the Illithads have been bringing the dwarves to a group of Cultists of the Dragon Below for some reason, and that they just took some of the dwarves shortly before the PC's arrived.

The trail then leads to a huge Stalagmite hanging over a huge pit, that is the base of the Cultists. They possess the Shard the PC's have been looking for, and they are using the dwarves as sacrifices to the Dragon Below. When they retrieve th Orb, the Stalgamite will begin to crumble and the PC's will have to race to the top.
[/sblock]

Part 2:
[sblock]
The second part will entail the PC's searching for another Shard, which has a powerful Air Elemental bound to it. They learn a powrful Noble has taken possession of it and he is offering it up as a prize in a massive Tournament that he is putting together in Xendrik. The PC's will have to enter the Tournment to get the Shard.

Of course, by the end of the Tournament, someone would have killed the noble and stolen the orb, and the PC's will have to chase him to some ancient ruins to get it.,
[/sblock]

Part 3:
[sblock]
The third part entails teh PC's taking the Orb they found in the first part and going to the Plane of FIre and binding a powerful Fire Elemental to it.
[/sblock]

Part 4:
[sblock]
When that is all said and done, things go down the drain from here.

The PC's learn, too late, that they've been decieved. The Shards weren't needed to free the Mournland, but a Powerful Lich from ages past. One of the first Patriarch's to the Vol family and the Mark of Death.

From here on til the end, the PC's will have to figure out away to stop this madman from taking over all of Khorvaire and Eberron.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Mr_GrinReaper

First Post
Yum!

Thats great.
So, let me get this straight, they get the shard from a castle, then they enter a tournament to try to get another, but it gets stolen. Then they steal it again, and last they have to link it to the fire elemental?

Sounds annoying. Hmmmm. And after all the hard work its really helping a lich. Wow. Really Annoying, I'd love to see the looks on your PC's faces when you spring it. lol

Remove ads