GM1: Bizarre Bazaar

thegreyman

First Post
"The Urn is reportedly two to three feet tall, metal, with much scrollwork and other designs on it. From what I'm told, the Urn does not look exceptional, unless someone looks for magical aura's."

Zel smiles reassuringly. "A detailed map will be provided to the mountains, and the route to the Bazaar through the caves is well marked. It is in Umraecyl's best interests for others to find his auction house. I have been there several times, although the last was nearly a year gone. I regularly send one of my associates to buy things there, as uncommon objects tend to make an appearance quite frequently. "

jaker2003

Explorer
"Are the cave paths clear and easy, or will we need to purchase climbing gear?

Who are your allies and enemies? What neutral parties would choose to appease an enemy by gifting or selling the urn?
"

Robichaud

Explorer
Jinx seems fractionally more relaxed after Thargon and Zel's assurances, and occupies himself with straightening out a half-crushed cigarillo he's fished out of a pocket while the others speak - it's something to do while he mulls things over, giving other people a chance to speak their minds.

After a short while of that, he speaks up again. "I'm thinkin' figuring out which bidders are our enemies 'n which ones are our friends is going to be one interestin' challenge. For us, and for them. Which has me thinkin'.. is there some way we can prove to them, or failin' that, just to Umrae-cyl, that we are who we say we are? Passwords, half of a broken stone, somethin' only you and he would know, things like that?"

thegreyman

First Post
"The caves themselves should be easily traversable. There should be markings along the route to show you the way."

"Since I'm not sure who all will be arriving for the bidding, I can't tell you who our allies or neutral parties may be at the Bazaar. For that matter, I don't know the specific people that will be representing our enemies, or if they will even be showing up. Determining the composition of your foes will be something that needs to be done after you arrive. Obviously, if there are some of the traditionally evil races at the Bazaar, I do not believe that they should have the urn, as they most likely won't help us in the future."

"I don't believe we can provide you with any identifying items for people you may meet there, since we do not know who will be arriving. And, Umraecyl will not care who buys the Urn. He is only concerned with the profit to be realized from this venture. I have had business dealings with him in the past, but not to the point where he would take less money to help me out. When all is said and done, he is a business man first."

Robichaud

Explorer
Jinx frowns a tad. "Weren't exactly what I'm askin', but I figure I'm satisfied anyhow.. carryin' a letter of credit to the tune of a hundred thousand gold in your name, with your seal, ought to be enough to convince anyone we're actin' on your behalf. In most circumstances."

"Right, then. We know where to go, and we know what to do, even if most of that is figurin' out what to do when we get there. I say we leave as soon as possible."

jaker2003 said:
Tankard turns to the others, "Do we have a way to determine who is evil at the auction?"

The man gives a shake of his head, after a moment's thought. "Not me, if you're talkin' about supernatural ways to do that. Then again, I say we treat every party biddin' as a potential hostile, 'less they got a very good argument and some even better proof as to why we shouldn't."

Heckler

First Post
jaker2003 said:
Tankard turns to the others, "Do we have a way to determine who is evil at the auction?"
"I've always figured its the fellow with his knife in your back. Let's just hope he has the graces to do it metaphorically," Octavio responds with a grin.

"Wasn't there some mention of having a healer tag along? Don't those blokes have some way of spotting ne'er-do-wells?"

jaker2003

Explorer
Heckler said:
"Wasn't there some mention of having a healer tag along? Don't those blokes have some way of spotting ne'er-do-wells?"
"If there is not one among us, we could 'hire' one from a local temple. If we explain the situation to them, they may send one or more of thier number with us."

Kenku17

First Post
jaker2003 said:
"If there is not one among us, we could 'hire' one from a local temple. If we explain the situation to them, they may send one or more of thier number with us."

"Sounds like a good idea" William says "By the way, who will be leading us at the auction? I will if no one wants to volunteer, but my skills of price and diplomacy are rather lacking so..."

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
"You'll do fine," Thargon reasons. "I can make sure we have proper care underground. Do we have any other questions? Otherwise, we're better off on the road."

(I'll be gone from 4/16 to 4/21.)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases