GM1: Bizarre Bazaar

Kenku17

First Post
Heckler said:
ooc: If we've got money to burn, maybe sunrods instead of oil?

OOC:Yea, I could see that...really ill let you guys get that sort of stuff, as Ive not really done much heavy adventuring to be able to know what I need to pack and what not.

Heckler

First Post
Kenku17 said:
OOC:Yea, I could see that...really ill let you guys get that sort of stuff, as Ive not really done much heavy adventuring to be able to know what I need to pack and what not.
ooc: Damn, I hate shopping.:(

Any other requests while I'm at the store?

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
OOC: Thargon will not ask for an Everburning Torch--he figures he doesn't need one, with darkvision.

So, that's 80gp for courtier clothing, and everburning torches are 110 each. Two torches and courtier's clothes cost 300gp.

Light noncombat horses are 75gp each. Saddles and bridles are 12gp each. Thargon can afford his own, so he'll just purchase it for himself.

Animal feed comes in at 5cp per day per animal, and rations are 5sp per day per person. 10 days' worth works out to 5sp per animal and 5gp per PC. For five PCs and a healer, that's 30 gp. If we all have mounts, that's 33gp.

Would a scroll of Mount be of value?

Heckler

First Post
I will be providing a surety for the funds needed to purchase the Urn. Furthermore, I will be providing 500 gold to you, to purchase in advance any goods you may need for the journey. Horses will also be supplied so that you may make good time."
ooc: Horses are provided, you can save your money. I would assume saddles and bridles are included.

Good call on the horse feed, I don't suppose there's much grass growing underground. Remember, though, one day of feed weighs 10 lbs, and one day of rations weighs 1 lb, so that's an additional 110 lbs per horse. I'll have to check horsy encumberance later, but IME many horses can't carry much more than an armored rider without becoming over encumbered (especially if we're talking about heavy armor). We may need heavier horses, or even pack animals just to carry the feed.

I can't see a use for a scroll of Mount. The cheapest version would only have a duration of 2 hours. Getting one that lasts long enough to be useful I think is out of our price range.

Robichaud

Explorer
OOC: Exams over, and I'm back in action. Excuse my absence - they took rather a lot more mind share a lot faster than I'd anticipated. I agree with the shopping list, in general; we don't need much. Maybe instead of a plain Everburning Torch, consider getting Continual Flame cast on a lantern or two - they're about as expensive, and slightly more handy. What're we going to do with the horses once we get underground, by the way?

thegreyman

First Post
ooc: It must have been missed, but there will be a place to leave your horses above ground. For some reason, horses dislike extended stays underground. Feed for the horses shouldn't be a large issue either. There should be amble forage on the way.

So 330 gp spent on supplies. Finalize any other supplies you guys think you might need (maybe a healing potion or two?) over the rest of this week. I'll be gone later tuesday til sunday, then we'll be getting this adventure launched.

Heckler

First Post
ooc: I guess add +14 gp for 2 "everburning lanterns" (hooded). Get as many healing potions as we can get with the change.

Also, *bump* :)

Remove ads