GM1: Bizarre Bazaar

jkason

First Post
Weel Naxel, human cleric

A broad-shouldered young man enters the Inn. His clearly-new-and-polished armor points to his inexperience, and honestly he looks a little more like a farm-hand playing dress-up than a warrior of any type, but the symbol of Phyrah hanging from his neck speaks to perhaps some ecclesiastical training, at least.

He looks around, clearly lost, then finally gives up and tracks down the Innkeep, asking "Pardon me, but I'm looking for some people I'm meant to meet. Octavio, William, Phelan, Jinx, and Ale. No, wait ... Tankard. I got that mixed up because ale sometimes comes in ..."

The young man takes a deep breath, recovering from his embarrassment. "They're adventurers connected with someone named Thargon?"

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: Poke. If it's not already obvious, Weel is a new PC joining the group. Would someone like to fill him in on things in character, or should we handwave it, assume that pleasantries and information have been exchanged, and move on?

Heckler

First Post
Hearing their names, Octavio stands and calls to the young man, "Hello there, I am Octavio Amontillado, and these are William, Phelan and Jinx. We've just arrived here ourselves. So Thargon sent you? Please, join us and have a drink."

ooc: Oops. I missed this update. I think we'll be okay, I just need my memory refreshed. Is Thargon the merchant that sent us here?

jkason

First Post
Weel Naxel, human cleric

Hearing their names, Octavio stands and calls to the young man, "Hello there, I am Octavio Amontillado, and these are William, Phelan and Jinx. We've just arrived here ourselves. So Thargon sent you? Please, join us and have a drink."

Weel seems both surprised and pleased to have found who he was looking for so easily.

"Weel Naxel, Phyrah's servant,"

As Octavio mentions Thargon, Weel bites his lip. "Well, I've never actually met Thargon, but a fellow name Volidar gave me his name to use in finding you. Volidar got me from the Red Wyrm -- no, Red Dragon. Sorry, it was my first time there, and I was there so briefly.

"In any case, he said you needed some help, though he didn't know a lot of the details."

Kenku17

First Post
"Pleased to meet you Weel." William says "And you are correct in needing your help, the journey up to Urmmayrl's has taken a toll on our party sadly, and we were in need of some more help"

Heckler

First Post
"In any case, he said you needed some help, though he didn't know a lot of the details."

Octavio leans in a bit, so his voice doesn't cary to other tables. "Well, our job is to gain possession of the Urn of Aldamarra and return it to our patron. It will be auctioned off in five days time, and we have a viewing appointment in a couple of hours. They'll be sending a messenger to collect us.

And William is right, this has been an arduous journey. Someone seems to keep placing obstacles in our way. And as for Tank," Octavio leans in closer and whispers, "this may not be the best place to discuss specifics. However, let's just say he was separated from us and I hope he'll rejoin us soon."

jkason

First Post
Weel Naxel, human cleric

Octavio leans in a bit, so his voice doesn't cary to other tables. "Well, our job is to gain possession of the Urn of Aldamarra and return it to our patron. It will be auctioned off in five days time, and we have a viewing appointment in a couple of hours. They'll be sending a messenger to collect us.

"Oh. Well that seems simple enough," Weel says with a smile.

And William is right, this has been an arduous journey. Someone seems to keep placing obstacles in our way. And as for Tank,"

At this, the smile falters, though the young cleric puts up a brave face. "I suppose it wouldn't be a good trip without a few detours, right?"

Octavio leans in closer and whispers, "this may not be the best place to discuss specifics. However, let's just say he was separated from us and I hope he'll rejoin us soon."

Here, Weel's eyes widen, and he pitches his own voice in a whisper. "I hope I haven't blown anything by mentioning him, then. If you tell me what he looks like, though, I can help keep an eye out."

Heckler

First Post
Here, Weel's eyes widen, and he pitches his own voice in a whisper. "I hope I haven't blown anything by mentioning him, then. If you tell me what he looks like, though, I can help keep an eye out."

"I don't think you've done any harm," Octavio reassures Weel, giving him Tank's description. "Also, if you should happen to see a large rat acting strangely, we'd be interested in that as well."

jkason

First Post
Weel Naxel, human cleric

"I don't think you've done any harm," Octavio reassures Weel, giving him Tank's description. "Also, if you should happen to see a large rat acting strangely, we'd be interested in that as well."

Weel opens his mouth to speak, but quickly closes it again, clearly perplexed. Finally he shrugs.

"Strange rats. Right. Definitely not on the farm anymore."

With that, he leans back and waits with the others for the messenger to arrive, periodically glancing at the baseboards of the room for rodent activity.

Remove ads