GM1: Bizarre Bazaar

covaithe

Explorer
"Well, I can't help but wonder...does he really have it in the bag? Do you know if there are any other bidders for the Urn?"

"You're wondering the same thing everyone else is wondering, friend," agrees Nesker. "Only one who'd know for sure is Umraecyl, and he's not much of a gossiper. As for other bidders, sure, there are plenty. Gribble came here intending to bid. That Derro trader, Merilmar, I think I heard he was going to bid, too. There's an elf at the Golden Wind whose name I don't remember. Looks old; I don't remember seeing an elf that actually looked old before. There are probably a handful more, if you ask around."

Heckler

First Post
"Gribble's planning to bid? Then don't you think Lyrial's doing more than "killing time" by trying to get your Master thrown out? It seems to me the auction has already started. Tell me, has Lyrial started trouble with anybody else around here?"

jaker2003

Explorer
[sblock=OOC] My sister died last night. I don't know when I'll get back to the game. The DM is free to run my character while I'm gone.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
((OOC: I just moved and am having trouble getting my internet back up, so I haven't caught up on this thread yet. Feel free to NPC me if you're waiting on Weel to move forward))

covaithe

Explorer
"Gribble's planning to bid? Then don't you think Lyrial's doing more than "killing time" by trying to get your Master thrown out? It seems to me the auction has already started. Tell me, has Lyrial started trouble with anybody else around here?"

Nesker scratches his hairy chin vigorously, frowning and shedding flakes of black ash. "Trouble with anyone else... Let's see. Well, there's whatever's holed up in the last cave on the right over there," he points in the direction of the caves, where the guards earlier indicated that guests with unusual physiques were welcome to stay. "I heard a couple of lads mention that it'd had a bit of trouble on the way in, and couldn't bid because of it. Didn't quite catch what they said the creature was, but they sounded scared of it. And, come to think of it, there's that illithid that got himself kicked out of here a few weeks back. That wasn't long after Lyrial arrived, if I recall. I can't say if it was planning to bid on the urn, but if so, then if Gribble'd got kicked out it would've been three. Do you think Lyrial would really need to stoop to that?"

Kenku17

First Post
Nesker scratches his hairy chin vigorously, frowning and shedding flakes of black ash. "Trouble with anyone else... Let's see. Well, there's whatever's holed up in the last cave on the right over there," he points in the direction of the caves, where the guards earlier indicated that guests with unusual physiques were welcome to stay. "I heard a couple of lads mention that it'd had a bit of trouble on the way in, and couldn't bid because of it. Didn't quite catch what they said the creature was, but they sounded scared of it. And, come to think of it, there's that illithid that got himself kicked out of here a few weeks back. That wasn't long after Lyrial arrived, if I recall. I can't say if it was planning to bid on the urn, but if so, then if Gribble'd got kicked out it would've been three. Do you think Lyrial would really need to stoop to that?"

"He may not, but if thoes symbols on the skeletons on the way in we were attacked by do match symbols with that of Lyrial, I would say he has. William says

Heckler

First Post
Nesker scratches his hairy chin vigorously, frowning and shedding flakes of black ash. "Trouble with anyone else... Let's see. Well, there's whatever's holed up in the last cave on the right over there," he points in the direction of the caves, where the guards earlier indicated that guests with unusual physiques were welcome to stay. "I heard a couple of lads mention that it'd had a bit of trouble on the way in, and couldn't bid because of it. Didn't quite catch what they said the creature was, but they sounded scared of it.

"Hmmm...if he can't bid why do you figure he's hanging around? Any idea what his business is?"

...but if so, then if Gribble'd got kicked out it would've been three. Do you think Lyrial would really need to stoop to that?"
"If he's bluffing about the amount amount of coin he has, he would. Even if he's not bluffing the fewer people he has bidding against him, the cheaper he's likely to win the urn."

jkason

First Post
Weel Naxel, human cleric

[/COLOR]
"Hmmm...if he can't bid why do you figure he's hanging around? Any idea what his business is?"

"If he's bluffing about the amount amount of coin he has, he would. Even if he's not bluffing the fewer people he has bidding against him, the cheaper he's likely to win the urn."

"I wouldn't be surprised to find out the undead aren't playing fair," Weel pipes up. "But I think maybe that ... whoever he is in the cave might give us a better idea? If we can show this player has a pattern with this underworlded --I mean handed-- dealing, maybe he doesn't get to bid?"

Heckler

First Post
"I wouldn't be surprised to find out the undead aren't playing fair," Weel pipes up. "But I think maybe that ... whoever he is in the cave might give us a better idea? If we can show this player has a pattern with this underworlded --I mean handed-- dealing, maybe he doesn't get to bid?"
"There's a bright lad! Umraecyl wouldn'y like it if Lyrial were running off bidders, that's costing him money. But I'm sure we'd need a lot of proof to manage it. Did we think to keep that piece of bone with the sigil on it?"

ooc: I remember Tank kept the halfling's tooth that had a symbol on it, but I can't remember if we kept the bone. Tank should've kept something, he was collecting trophies, and I've kept Tank's stuff.

Remove ads