GM1: Bizarre Bazaar

covaithe

Explorer
The front of the tent falls aside. Nesker is busily folding it up, revealing a table full of hastily laid out weapons before a smoking forge, carefully laid out away from the tent walls. Gribble stands behind the table, glowering. "Aye, we're opening up, keep yer britches on."

He remains gruff but professional as he shows you his wares, which are plentiful and of the highest quality, many of them sparkling with enchantment. "If you dinna see what ye're seekin' here, speak up, I can most likely make it, or point ye to someone who can."

ooc: You can buy pretty much any weapon or armor you want here, as well as a selection of rings and amulets. If you're looking for something specific, ask.

Kenku17

First Post
"Such good equipment you have Gibble....such a person may have knowledge im curious about. If I may ask what do you know about the qualities of Ludkjeta's sword?" William asks

Heckler

First Post
Octavio grins at the grumbling dwarf but doesn't say anything else, not wanting to aggravate him further.

"Well, I'm looking for something good for giving someone a good thwacking. How are these priced?," he'll ask, reaching towards a light mace.

ooc: I'm looking for something bludgeon-y and finessable, a light mace ideally. If I can find a bargain on one that's MW I might take it, but I'll most likely settle for a regular one.

covaithe

Explorer
"Such good equipment you have Gibble....such a person may have knowledge im curious about. If I may ask what do you know about the qualities of Ludkjeta's sword?" William asks

Gribble nods. "Aye, ye've asked the right dwarf about that. Good dwarven steel that is. Ye can tell 'cause the runes in the blade are built out o' the natural color of the metal itself, brought out by the smith through careful forgework. Won't ever fade or rub off, not like the cheap stuff ye get from lesser smiths. Silvered, of course. I don't do that on me own blades except by request, since it won't keep quite the same edge as good steel after, but I guess Ludkjeta's people'd had trouble with shapeshifters a few decades back o' when this sword was made. Werewolves and such. It's got a bit of an enchantment on it, nothing too powerful, mostly just keeps the rust off."

"Well, I'm looking for something good for giving someone a good thwacking. How are these priced?," he'll ask, reaching towards a light mace.

A good choice, fer yer build." Gribble points out the weighted pommel of the mace, which counterbalances the heavy head with its armor-piercing flanges, and the sturdy reinforced welds, nearly invisible beneath elegant decorations. "Three hundred and six gold for that. Who you plannin' on thwackin' with it?"

ooc: that's SRD price for a MW light mace, unless I've failed my basic arithmetic check again.

Kenku17

First Post
Gribble nods. "Aye, ye've asked the right dwarf about that. Good dwarven steel that is. Ye can tell 'cause the runes in the blade are built out o' the natural color of the metal itself, brought out by the smith through careful forgework. Won't ever fade or rub off, not like the cheap stuff ye get from lesser smiths. Silvered, of course. I don't do that on me own blades except by request, since it won't keep quite the same edge as good steel after, but I guess Ludkjeta's people'd had trouble with shapeshifters a few decades back o' when this sword was made. Werewolves and such. It's got a bit of an enchantment on it, nothing too powerful, mostly just keeps the rust off."

"Good to know...umm...what do you think will be the going price for it at the auction?" William asks

covaithe

Explorer
"Good to know...umm...what do you think will be the going price for it at the auction?" William asks

Gribble chuckles. "Lad, if I knew that, we wouldna have to have the auction, would we? I suppose it depends on who bids for it, and how badly they want it. I won't bid on it; I prefer me own work. Most dwarves will leave it be, 'cause it's a wedding gift from a wedding that didna work out, see? Bad luck, that. But I heard that elf over at the Golden Wind asked about it, the old one. And there's that derro." He scowls blackly and spits a wad of mucus onto the forge, where it hisses and smokes angrily. "Bastard's got a taste for dwarven work what shouldna belong to him. Filthy scum."

Kenku17

First Post
Gribble chuckles. "Lad, if I knew that, we wouldna have to have the auction, would we? I suppose it depends on who bids for it, and how badly they want it. I won't bid on it; I prefer me own work. Most dwarves will leave it be, 'cause it's a wedding gift from a wedding that didna work out, see? Bad luck, that. But I heard that elf over at the Golden Wind asked about it, the old one. And there's that derro." He scowls blackly and spits a wad of mucus onto the forge, where it hisses and smokes angrily. "Bastard's got a taste for dwarven work what shouldna belong to him. Filthy scum."

"I see" William says with a sigh. "Well my resources are probably low plan to try anyway, and if it goes sour for me, Ill probably be looking you up." he finishes with a smile.

Heckler

First Post
A good choice, fer yer build." Gribble points out the weighted pommel of the mace, which counterbalances the heavy head with its armor-piercing flanges, and the sturdy reinforced welds, nearly invisible beneath elegant decorations. "Three hundred and six gold for that. Who you plannin' on thwackin' with it?"

ooc: that's SRD price for a MW light mace, unless I've failed my basic arithmetic check again.
"That all depends on who gets in my way, now, doesn't it?," Octavio replies with a wink. "I shall be honored to wield such a fine weapon."

ooc: Actually it would be 305, but I'm fond of Gribble, I'll let him take me for an extra gold.

"Actually, Master Gribble, it just occured to me that we've some surplus supplies we need to get rid of. Nothing special, mind you, but I'm sure we could come to some arrangement of mutual satisfaction."

ooc: This would be an ideal time to sell some of our loot, if he's willing to wait for me to run to the inn and back. Here's what we've gathered so far:

From wererats: 2 rapiers, 2 light crossbows, 40 bolts

From cave: spellbook, Dwarven scroll

From Serena: Chime of Opening-8 charges

From skeletal archer: long sword, glittering chain shirt, MW longbow (last two in Tank's possession)

I suggest we keep the armor and bow for Tank, sell the rest of the weapons, and see if Gribble can direct us toward a buyer for the spellbook and scroll. Keep the chime for now, we may need it.

jkason

First Post
((OOC: Not that Weel should probably care since he didn't help get the loot, but it sounds reasonable to me. ;) ))

"That skeleton seems to enjoy trouble," Weel says innocently enough. "You can't be the only one he's pestered, are you?"

Remove ads