GM1: Bizarre Bazaar

jaker2003

Explorer
Tank raises his arm and calls out to his companions, before hustling to them. After a quick count, Tank says, "There are one less than there should be, and one of you is different." Here Tank points at the new cleric.

Kenku17

First Post
William looks over and see their former party member appear to the side, he runs over to Tank and gives him a hug, saying as he does "Tank! your alive!"

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Weel Naxel, human cleric

Tank raises his arm and calls out to his companions, before hustling to them. After a quick count, Tank says, "There are one less than there should be, and one of you is different." Here Tank points at the new cleric.

Weel looks confused for a moment, looking down at himself. "Was there some transformation magic that I didn't realize...?" Then he stops and reddens slightly.

"Oh, different because I'm a replacement, not because I ... heh," Weel shakes his head as if to clear and extends a hand. "Sorry. This is all still very overwhelming and sometimes I get confused. My name's Weel. An honor to meet you."

Heckler

First Post
"Tank! So good to see you again! We've saved your equipment, its all upstairs in our rooms, along with Jinx and Phalen. Jinx seems to have taken ill, and the good father is tending to him.

Speaking of such things,...how are you, erm, feeling?"

[sblock=loot]We've sold off the basic gear and the spellbook we've acquired. Shares come to 178gp, 6sp, 2.5cp each.

We still have the bow and armor you were interested in. We know the armor is magical but haven't ID'd it yet. We also still have the Dwarven scroll and the Chime of Opening.[/sblock]

jaker2003

Explorer
Tank embraces William, delivering a bear hug, relenting only when he hears the vertebrae popping. William is then dropped onto his feet.

Tank stares at Weel's hand for a moment and then says,"You can't be worse than Elf-blood, can you?" After that, the orc delivers a firm handshake.

"I'm feeling just a little naked without my gear, Octavio. I'll be glad to be properly dressed and armed.

I am sure you all are curious. I am not . . . free of my affliction. It will be an inconvieniance, but not as great a burden as I had feared.
"

If the group is willing to wait, Tank gathers his things and dresses and arms himself.
If the group is not willing to wait, he accompanies them as is.
"So, what have you been up to, and what have you got planned for today?"

Heckler

First Post
I am sure you all are curious. I am not . . . free of my affliction. It will be an inconvieniance, but not as great a burden as I had feared."
"Well, that is not as bad as I feared. Let us know if we can be of assistance in any way. We need to figure a way to get you...fixed up...eventually."

[sblock=overnight]We did tell Weel that we would better explain what happened to Tank once we had some privacy, which I figure would have been last night in our rooms. On the way here we encountered some wererats. And while Tank did most of the hacking and slashing, he did get bit. We neglected to make sure that no one was infected and Tank came down with a severe case of wererat-itis.[/sblock]

If the group is willing to wait, Tank gathers his things and dresses and arms himself.

ooc: I think we can wait.:)

"So, what have you been up to, and what have you got planned for today?"
"Well, we met with the merchant running the bazaar, a drow named Umraecyl. He seems a decent fellow, but he does have a few rules, the main one being "No violence." That kind of thing can get someone thrown out.

We made friends with a most excellent dwarven smithy named Gribble. He's good with his hammer, and knows a bit about what's going on around here. But watch out for his temper, its quite short.

The fellow I think you'll be most interested in is a skeletal necromancer calling himself Lyrial. A few things about him.

One. He is also bidding for the Urn, and seems to have quite a lot of money to do so. He seems to want it for his Master, whoever that is.

Two. He appears to be running off and getting other bidders for the Urn thrown out. Be careful of him.

Three. He has a brand on his forehead, matching this fellow's," at this, Octavio pulls out Tank's skull trophy from our earlier skeleton encounter.

"He's up to no good. And we can't just go and start bashing on him. We're going to try and gather enough evidence to take to Umraecyl to prove that he's been running off other bidders. We have our skull, and he tried to provoke Gribble into a fight to get him thrown out. There is another bidder around, in the caves set aside for persons of...unusual physiology. Lyrial got him banned from the auction as well, so we were going to talk to him today and hear his story.

But first, I think, we should see if we can find anyone who can make heads or tails of this dwarven scroll we found.

Am I forgetting anything?"

Last edited:

Kenku17

First Post
Am I forgetting anything?"

"Yea, we learned of the other items being sold before the Urn. There's a sword being sold as a wedding dowery among them I have a little interest in, and there are three sexy seccubis that Octavio seems has the hots for" he says with a snide grin on his face.

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]
"There is another bidder around, in the caves set aside for persons of...unusual physiology. Lyrial got him banned from the auction as well, so we were going to talk to him today and hear his story.

Small correction: the ususually-shaped being in the nearby cave isn't banned, but was attacked en route to the bazaar. Someone else, an illithid, got banned and is elsewhere.

Let me know when you're ready to proceed, and what you're going to do first.
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Weel Naxel, human cleric

"Well, that is not as bad as I feared. Let us know if we can be of assistance in any way. We need to figure a way to get you...fixed up...eventually."

[sblock=overnight]We did tell Weel that we would better explain what happened to Tank once we had some privacy, which I figure would have been last night in our rooms. On the way here we encountered some wererats. And while Tank did most of the hacking and slashing, he did get bit. We neglected to make sure that no one was infected and Tank came down with a severe case of wererat-itis.[/sblock]

Weel bites his lip a moment, looking rather sheepish.

"I really am sorry," he says. "Were--I mean, was--I further on my travels for Phyrah, she might have gifted me with the blessings to help."

[sblock=OOC]Dwarven scroll sounds like a good place to start to me, too. Then onto the cave after that?[/sblock]

jaker2003

Explorer
Tank gathers all of his things and finds an empty patch of earth near the building. There Tank sets out some of his newest lootings for his friends to see. [sblock=Loot]45gp (not for sale, just confirming)
3 nets
3 50' coill of hemp rope
3 pairs of manacles
3 bedrolls
9 days trail rations
3 whips
1 10' chain
2 padded greatclubs (non-lethal damage)
1 greatclub (Its Clobberin' Time!)
1 small silver medallion, depicting a gauntleted fist gripping a pair of shackles[/sblock]
Tank picked these up in the other thread. Tank offers all the gear to his companions (at 4/10 PHB prices). What he doesn't unload here, he will sell at the bizaar.

Covaithe, please confirm Tank's inventory above.

Remove ads