• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

GM's: what was your first module?

Qualidar

First Post
Reading the recent spate of threads on DM experience makes me wonder: What's the first thing you ran? For me it was D&D Basic (red box): Palace of the Silver Princess.

~Qualidar~

Acid_crash

First Post
I think it was called Gorgaland's Gauntlet in Dragon Annual 4 (or was it 5, if there was a 5) which came out just before 3e was released. I might have gotten the name of the adventure wrong, though, but I know that Gauntlet was in the title.

I loved that adventure. Nothing like a trap to send a dwarf into a pit who wakes up completely shaved from head to toe and seeing small foot tall creatures giggling at him while shaking his hair back at him. ;)

That was a hell lot of fun.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Keep on the Borderlands, IIRC... but there is a small chance that it might have been The Isle of Dread, too. Of course, I was in 3rd Grade at the time, so it's been... oh... almost 20 years ago.

Guero Caballero

First Post
B2, Keep on the Borderlands, from the Erol Otus cover red Basic D&D set, in 1981. I was 8 or 9 at the time. Weren't the early 80's great? A whole gaming system that came complete in a box (that was no bigger than the Epic Level Handbook). Hell, it even had dice and a module! "Bree Yark!" indeed.

pntbllr

First Post
I know it it was the red box rules set. I'm not sure which adventure it was. The first one that really stands out in my mind was Caves of Chaos but I'm pretty sure that was later. It might have been Silver Princess, I seem to recall running that and I know its in my collection. Wow that was a long time ago!

Daijin

First Post
Edit: Acutally going over my packaged D&D stuff, i saw the date on the module that was used and it was the Keep on the Borderlands. :p

Last edited:

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
The first thing I ran was original material, which I did exclusively for a very long time. The first actual module I ran was "The Mad God's Key", from Dungeon Magazine.

Demiurge out.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads