Gno more gnomes?

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Jhaelen said:
But this is getting tedious. Trying to convince a fan of a certain race that they really aren't required for the enjoyment of the game is a waste of time

It is also incorrect. Those races are required for the enjoyment of the game for those fans.

And I won't even mention that a gnomes punch has the weight of 30 years of D&D behind them. Damn, did mention it after all.

Gnomes (in their current incarnation) don't add anything to my game.

Don't use them. Better than saying "I don't like them so you can't play with them, because that's badrwongfun"

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Nifft said:
Actually, there is one thing about Gnomes which I really hate: the +2 to saves vs. Illusions can convey TOO MUCH METAGAME INFORMATION.

DM: As you strike the dragon, make a Will save!
Gnome: 15.
DM: Is that before your racial +2?
Everyone: Ah-hah!

... particularly with a clumsy DM like me. :)

Cheers, -- N

Well, bully for you! I love something like that. When they blow a save against a fireball, I can say: "Did you include the +2 raci... uh, nevermind that, you didn't make that save" and make them believe that they've just saved against a shadow evocation and jump run right through the "illusioinary" wall the "illusionist" just went through (the illusion being the one making him seem corporeal). :D

Nebin

Explorer
Why the Gnomehate ~sniffle~ ? Haven't we been there for you these long years ? Well for this Gnome I WILL NOT GO QUIETLY INTO THE NIGHT !!! I'll fight tooth and nail to be included in 4e, even if I have to consort with the most vile creature on the multiplane !! Yes I'll have call a LAWYER !!

KEEPER OF SECRETS, I CHOOSE YOU !!! I know that a low thing to do to WoTC but I have no choice, It's for the children !!

Insight

Adventurer
I don't mind the concept of having a race called gnomes in the D&D game, but the current 3.5E gnome is just a mess. Their racial abilities make no sense, and they don't fit into an admittedly pre-conceived notion of traditional fantasy races. The gnome doesn't grab me because I can't identify with them, and I can't understand why they exist (I have the same problem with Halflings).

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Nebin said:
Why the Gnomehate?

That's because a lot of people, while larger than gnomes, are not as sexy as them. They hate gnomes because the gnomish casanunders get all the hot human and elf chicks and all that's left to them is orc chicks (why do you think there are so many half-orcs around?)!

Moggthegob

First Post
Brennin Magalus said:
I think gnomes should go for reasons of parsimony, coherency, and to make way for worthier concepts.
...like the tiefling? Yeah right. I don't care for the idea of them being replaced or removed at all but if you are getting rid of them throw in the Killoren or something similar(with a fey flavor that gnome is supposed to be filling)

WarlockLord

First Post
Are you kidding, Kae'yoss? Drow are at least 10x sexier then gnomes. (Cha bonus is good for SOMETHING!)

But gnomes, well, they taste good. That's all I have to say.

Plus, they are nearly interchangeable with the halfling.

Keeper of Secrets

First Post
Nebin said:
Why the Gnomehate ~sniffle~ ? Haven't we been there for you these long years ? Well for this Gnome I WILL NOT GO QUIETLY INTO THE NIGHT !!! I'll fight tooth and nail to be included in 4e, even if I have to consort with the most vile creature on the multiplane !! Yes I'll have call a LAWYER !!

KEEPER OF SECRETS, I CHOOSE YOU !!! I know that a low thing to do to WoTC but I have no choice, It's for the children !!

Like an ambulence siren squealing in the right shortly after an accident, I, your humble attorney, am here.

Are you looking for a restraining order against WotC or something more juicy like emotional distress that they have caused you?

Remove ads