• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gnoll Resolution

BSF

Explorer
For Sage's benefit, could somebody quickly outline the alternate solution you guys have come up with?

We will be taking next week off. I will almost certainly be running a post-Thanksgiving game for those that can make it. It would be cool to do the campaign, but there are other options as well. In any event, let's see how far we can get online in the next week or two. With school winding down, I know some of you are pretty busy. But if you could at least check in on the forum every couple of days just to keep up, it would be great. Also notice that I am renaming the forums. The names are generally irrelevant and if you already have the forums bookmarked, you will be fine. EN World is database driven, so changing names is easy. :)

Anyway, let's see if we can at least advance the timeline a few days before we next start up.

Last edited:

Kultar

First Post
Ok what Tyrm came up with was to head back to the walled city at the tip of the mountain that we sailed past on our way down. We assume that they will have more of a vested interest as they are on this side of the river and the Gnolls could pose a threat to them. It is also rumered that they mine ore from the hills and forge steel weapons. Though not as high of quality steel as the Thurgon produce its better than nothing. Plus perhaps we can find some individuals who are willing to aid us in our struggles against the Gnolls. Plus as a city they might be able to provide more of a pull with other cities and countries and perhaps get others to join the fight against the Gnolls but then again maybe not. But it is a larger town that will allow us to train hopefully in realitive protection as well as to try and get word back to Greerson. Perhaps we could send the ex-hostages back to the mannor or something like that. Who knows. Just what Tyrm kind of came up with while he was in deep thought this past session.

BSF

Explorer
I am pretty sure Sage wasn't there that week, so he probably doesn't remember that minor detail of a town being there. Li would, but Sage doesn't.

BSF

Explorer
Distances

*scratches head*

You know, I really should open my map of the campaign area more often. Over time, I have managed to stretch things all out of proportion. So, um, let me toss a little more info into the mix of things for you guys to chew on.

I need to doublecheck a few things, but from the Merinthian Manor, it is roughly 190 miles to Stormhaven. Now granted, that is "as the crow flies", but that list like 8 days hard hike. It is almost exactly the same distance to the city of Delve, which is the city Tyrm is speaking of. The difference of course is that one of those cities you need to cross the river to get to. The other is in hills. Given that you might not be able to go straight to one or the other, it might take longer. Though, if you could get a raft or boat, if could also be a lot shorter to get downriver.

I have a feeling that what I did was iterative doubling of how long you might be gone if you left the area. Then when distance would come up, I would mis-remember. Sorry about that guys.

Incidentally, it is roughly 200 more miles from Delve to Greerson. Hard march, trailblazing most of the time, you could conceivably make it there in just under 3 weeks. Following roads would be much easier, but take longer. Again, that doubling of time.

So there are still some considerable distances, but not quite as large as I remembered. Just think how quickly you could travel with a spell like Wind Walk. ;)

Macbeth

First Post
Delve sounds like the way to go. We can spend a couple of months there, train, and gather allies, then move against the gnolls again.

Kultar

First Post
I would also suggest either finding a place for the exhostages to live at either in Delve or to possibly send them back to Greerson.

Kultar

First Post
One more thing I just thought of. What if Li were to take the hostages back to Greerson and any who wanted to go with him could and you all could train there and try to muster some support from Greerson and Tyrm and one or two others could stay at Delve and find people willing to aid us there. It would get the hostages back to Li's Mannor as well as to report in on what we know so far. Plus with part of the group still in Delve it makes a reason for Tannerson/Greerson not to send those who went back to Greerson elsewhere. Just an idea.

Macbeth

First Post
The only problem I can see with that is that it would take along time to get back to Greerson, but if we're willing to take that risk, it sounds good.

I don't really think that it is necessary to have Li take them all the way back to Greerson. Especially since it will take him twice as long as us to train.
If we do plan on working more on this gnoll problem, I suggest we get to it before they grow more powerful and kill more innocent people.
Although Kindrovv would like to see Greerson, he is content with following the SOL to Delve. He believes that they will recieve some sort of aid there, and possibly get some new skills. Also he is pretty sure he will make it to Greerson eventually anyways, so no rush for that.

Kind didn't realize the magnitude of the gnoll problem, and now realizes that if it is something that he is willing to pursue, then he will require allies. Therefore, Kind wishes to join the SOL. If any oppose this then they may speak up and Kind will leave... or fight you to the death. Either way.

Kultar

First Post
Ayla would like to get to Greenson sometime in the near future. She has some thigns that need to be taken care of and training would probably be best there for her because of her plans.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads