• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Goliath

Angrydad

First Post
Except that isn't what it says. But hey, if you prefer to play it that way, who am I to stop you? :)

Well, we don't generally use races with the trait anyway, and I think the only book we have with anything with that trait is the Expanded Psionics Handbook. I'll have to look it up and reread it again.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
That is exactly the information that I am looking for. I just wish that they would be consistent with the information that place out. The feat that allows the Powerful build while wild shaping says that it does allow natural weapons to be one size larger. I can see them wanting to give the feat some things to replace the large weapons when wild shaping but consistence is more important. Can not wait for the switch to 4e.

Kayn

Ok...If you feel the need to switch editions for such a minor confusion, when the answers were out there already and you just found the source text to be ambiguous (which others do not), more power to you. *shrug*

kayn99

First Post
Ok...If you feel the need to switch editions for such a minor confusion, when the answers were out there already and you just found the source text to be ambiguous (which others do not), more power to you. *shrug*

StreamOfTheSky,

If this was one instance I would agree with you, but it is a constant rules checking and site checking for this rule and that rule. As new product is being produced, it is not being fully checked against core material. We are looking over 4th edition and finding that it has a lot less issues. We will see if the 4th edition also falls into this same category of issues.

Kayn

Derulbaskul

Adventurer
Further confusing the issue of when to treat the goliath as a Large creature is that the feats in Races of Stone that have "Size Large" as a prerequisite state that a goliath will qualify by virtue of its powerful build racial trait. Notwithstanding the FAQ comments, it's not clear that this not the default ruling for any feat with a similar prerequisite.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads