• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Good 3e boards?

Lackhand

First Post
danbuter1 said:
Sorry I didn't phrase my post too well. I forgot how pedantic most board readers are. ;)
Stupid internet, making us all jerks.

Ah well. That's what it was invented for.
(Pedantically: we have nothing but your words to judge you by -- so choose them extra smartfully!)

Delta

First Post
Cadfan said:
What makes a board a good 3e board? The presence of threads discussing 3e? The absence of threads discussing 4e? Or, is it just an absence of threads discussing 4e in a positive manner?

Possibly one that isn't labelled with "4th Edition D&D" in the browser title bar.

Feanor Liberius

First Post
Mark said:
Hiya, James! Do you also talk True20 and the Iridium System?
Mark!

Abso-f'n-lutely!

There are three main game forums - one for general d20, one for 3e, and one for general gaming.

Heck - there are even threads (one of them mine!) about 4e (my impressions as I dig into the book).

But the idea when starting the site was that there would come a day when WotC would want folks to move to the new edition (and rightly so!), so there might be a need for a place (or places) for people who wanted support for this particular previous edition to gather, swap hacks, discuss rules, etc.

So we'll talk about anything (take a look and you'll see) but the idea was to focus on d20/3e. I think, right now, it's about 50/50.

Oh - and check out my little attempt to create an open setting called Dunfalcon so if folks wanted to someday have a Living campaign based on something like the old setting, they wouldn't be locked out due to IP. ;)

Remove ads