Good 3e boards?

Michael Morris

First Post
danbuter1 said:
Just curious if anyone has started up a message board for 3e, now that this one is 98% 4e.
That's a bold assertion to make. By my count there are 2 4e forums against several dozen that aren't edition specific.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
danbuter1 said:
Just curious if anyone has started up a message board for 3e, now that this one is 98% 4e.
I'd say it's closer to 60%, but I concede your point. Things have been rather tense lately.

Still, don't give up on our little community here! There are still plenty of people here who will continue to play previous editions (me, for example), and we won't be going anywhere. And I seem to recall some talk about breaking out the three-speak into a separate 3.x General/Rules/Houserules set of forums in the works...it should be done already, or forthcoming along with the EN2 launch.

That said, Paizo also has a good message forum for the 3.x crowd, but be prepared for lots of discussion about Pathfinder. Generic 3E is less popular, but they have a forum as well.

Last edited:

Psion

Adventurer
Michael Morris said:
That's a bold assertion to make. By my count there are 2 4e forums against several dozen that aren't edition specific.

The topic of a forum and the tenor are two different things.

thatdarnedbob

First Post
Psion said:

Maybe there are a lot of topics on 4E now, but guess what: 4E is the current big news in RPGs. There would be more topics about 3.5 issues if the current 3.5 supporters didn't expend most of their efforts in 4E threads. Once the need to discuss the new thing dies down, I'm sure you'll see people discussing their edition of choice instead of "all 4E all the time".

Michael Morris

First Post
Psion said:
Well I wouldn't know. Duty before pleasure and all that - in case you haven't noticed I tend to avoid the boards ever since it was made abundantly clear to me people could snipe at me with impunity and I couldn't say anything about it. For every 20 posts I make in the technical forum I might make 1 outside.

Crying about the abundance of 4e threads v. 3e threads will not get any traction with me.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
The tone of the forum is tense because both sets of partisans are going at it. ENWorld has always had posters who've played every edition of D&D.

I don't think there's a 3E forum out there that hasn't been touched by the 4E controversy. At best, you can just find one that's uncomfortable in a way that fits your current view of things.

ENWorld's got a lot of value. I recommend riding it out or, at worst, take a week or two off from the boards and come back when things calm down a pit.

Remove ads