DDAL good bye to phb +1

jasper

Rotten DM
so

Player Option Overview​

A reminder: Player options are rules (usually races, classes, subclasses, feats, spells, and backgrounds) that are specifically positioned as a player-facing option in a given product. Material that is clearly a part of the Dungeon Master’s purview is not allowed.
Our community will be able to choose from player options in the following resources in any campaign:
Player's Handbook
Volo's Guide to Monsters
Xanathar's Guide to Everything

Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes
Tasha's Cauldron of Everything
For campaigns set in the Forgotten Realms (Seasonal starting next season, Masters, Historic), the following will also be legal:
Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide
For each Seasonal Campaign, the following will also be legal:
Player options published in the associated hardcover adventure
For the Masters and Historic Campaigns, the following will also be legal:
Genasi from Elemental Evil Player's Companion
Tortles from the Tortle Package
Locathah from Locathah Rising
For the current Alternate Campaign (Oracle of War), the following will also be legal:
Player options published in the associated setting product (Eberron: Rising from the Last War)

jasper

Rotten DM
If the pcs are historic (Season 9 minus) or Masters. FREE FREE FREE FREE Rebuild. Season 10 no rebuild until next book. So it is hinting at Candlekeep drop.

jasper

Rotten DM
Yo guys, due to first post I having to rewrite my handout for the game shop. Here it is, feel free to offer corrections. But it has to be one page only. And the font can not go smaller.
The following books can be used to create your pc. Players Handbook, Volo’s Guide to Monsters, Xanathar’s Guide to Everything, Mordenkainen’s Tome of Foes, Tasha’s Cauldron of Everything. If set in Forgotten Realms add. Sword Coast Adventure’s Guide. IF Masters or Historic campaign add the Genasi from Elemental Evil Player’s Companion and Tortles from Tortle Package. If Oracle of war Add Eberron Rising from the last War.

Do an online search use DM’s Guild or D&D Adventurers League for more information.

Systems Reference Document (SRD) | Dungeons & Dragons is quick download of most of the rules you need to begin.

Players can be of any age but a DM may set some limits. Play nice with each other and watch your language is the general rule. A DM can refuse to DM for any player for any reason.

All pcs start at first level. You can choose a pre-generated character or build your own using the array 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8. Or use the 27-point buy on page 13 of PHB is how you get your stats for your pc.

Tiers are the power level of adventure. Tier 1 levels 1-4, Tier 2 5-10, Tier 3 11-16, Tier 4 17-20.

Magic Item count varies by Tier. Tier 1-1. Tier 2-3. Tier 3-6. Tier 4-10. When you find a magic item, you can swap it out with what you currently own. This does not include potions, scrolls, or common items. If you don’t take the magic item you can only take later if you rediscover it.

Renown equals your tier. Renown is your reputation. Renown bring benefits. You can only take your tier benefits. Season 10 Renown item at tier 2 is your choice of +1 weapon, +1 shield, +1 rod of pact keeper, +1 wand of war mage or Bag of holding. Magic item limit applies.

Inspiration is rewarded by the DM. Gives advantage on attack, saving, or ability roll. Must call it before you roll.

Advantage/Disadvantage. Roll 2d20 take best/worst of rolls. Will cancel each other out.

Up to 5th level Scrolls and some potions can be purchased by spending gold.

If a PC is dead, diseased or Curse. Buy a scroll. Or destroy a magic item you own. This limits you max magic count until you reach the next tier. Tier 4 regain the slot after 2 modules.

If you choose a faction the pc must have the safe haven background. At Tier 2 being a member of a faction gets a free magic item but you lose it if you leave the faction. Faction benefits All – Ring of Protection, Harper- Ring of free Action, Gauntlet- Ring of Fire resistance, Emerald- Ring of Animal Influence, Lord’s- ring of ram, Zhentarim – Ring of Evasion. Magic item limit applies.

SEASON 10 Restrictions. RACE: PHB or Volos Aasimar, Firbolg, Goliath, Kobold, Orc, Tabaxi, OR Mordenkainen Deep Gnome, Duergar, Eladrin, Gith, Shadar-kai, Tiefling. CLASSES: PHB, Xanathar, Tasha.

I'm happy to see it go and open up some new character ideas for people, but also worried to see it go. Even with the PHB+1 rule I still would sit down at tables where someone put too many features together and got the rules wrong, stacking stuff that shouldn't or messing up their action economy. Having more options could make that worse.

I can't say that I'm surprised to see it eventually go, but I did like the simplicity of the PH+1 rule.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases